XP to Vista-Heaven to ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

-CasualGamer-

Beta member
Hello I have had this issue for a very long time and this is the first time I have posted anything about it on any forum... so i hope this yields results... Anyways on to the issue... I had XP and enjoyed many games such as SWAT 4 C&C and many other popular titles. Then Vista came... Most of the titles i played pre-vista no longer work... But this didnt start happening til about... I'm not sure but i think about 8 months ago... It did not start as soon as i bought Vista. Now only newer games i have bought work, games that are post-Vista. All my pre-Vista games are now null. It is driving me insane. All my favorite games i can no longer play... Has anybody else had this problem? Can anybody offer any help? I have a friend who is having the same issue... As far as that issue goes, here is what happens. First I insert the disk to play the game and nothing happens, I click on the icon to run the game and it says no disk is inserted... :eek: Although newer Post-Vista games work fine... :freak: Even my blank disks (which were bought pre-Vista) do not work... Is this a compatibility issue? HELP!!!

It could have been an update that stopped them or maybe you need to download DirectX 9 as Vista doesn't come with it and an update could have removed it if you had it previously. Have you tried running any of the games in Vista's compatibility mode for XP?

Yes the drive works. And the thing is compatibility mode wont do it cause its not even recognizing a disk in the drive..... But it works with Post-Vista games...

Alright but you know you don't need to run the game from the disk right? You can execute the game from the install folder. If it still asks for the CD/DVD after then you'll need to start going though the first steps I listed.

the onyl thing that bugged me was when i upgraded to server 08 wast he fact that i could only play bioshock in dx9. nothing else has tourbled me so far. i honestly like it more then xp, i only go back to my xp partition for benching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom