XNA Game Studio Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Microsoft officially announced today that it will release Beta 1 of its future XNA Game Studio series of products. The "series" because it is divided in 4 different products:

-XNA Game Studio Express: This product is targeted at students and hobbyists game developers. It is based on Visual C# Express 2005 and lets the user create its very own games for Windows and Xbox 360. A beta of it will be released on August 30.

-XNA Game Studio Professional: This one is targeted at, as its name indicates, professional game developers. It will feature all features of its Express counterpart, adding more features that are mainly useful when shipping commercial games. Its beta release is currently set for early 2007.

-XNA Framework and Content Pipeline: The framework is essentially a set of unified C# libraries, designed to simplify game development. The content pipeline lets the user implement 3D content easily to a XNA Game Studio project.

A program is already available at Microsoft Connect for the upcoming XNA Game Studio Express Beta. You can access it directly using the link below, but it is advised that you subscribe to the program through your Available Programs list.

https://connect.microsoft.com/site/sitehome.aspx?SiteID=226

COOL! I wonder if I can get this with next years MS Action Pack Subscription.

From what I've read the actual software is free to download and use, the $99 charge is a subscription to sell you games on xbox live (probably after passing MS QA).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom