x64 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qwert

In Runtime
When trying to run a game, I get then green bar on the side of the game screen, I am almost certin it is because I have the 64-bit version of Windows. Anything I can do to fix this?

Have you updated to DX9 and installed all the necessary drivers for x64? I have heard many people have to manually search for all necessary drivers.

Just to let you know, Windows 64 bit is not compatible with 16bit games and alot of programs. If I were you, I would just stick to normal (32 bit) XP until the 64bit version of it is properly examined and tested, so most of it's major flaws can be fixed. Although if you are just experimenting with it go ahead. 64 bit is not a gamer's friend though.

::-Chase-::

Chase said:
Just to let you know, Windows 64 bit is not compatible with 16bit games and alot of programs. If I were you, I would just stick to normal (32 bit) XP until the 64bit version of it is properly examined and tested, so most of it's major flaws can be fixed. Although if you are just experimenting with it go ahead. 64 bit is not a gamer's friend though.

::-Chase-::

I wish someone had told me that before, the games I am talking about are 32-but though. The computer is new, I didn't build it my self I got it from Cyber Power Inc. I don't have Windows XP 32-bit edition disks or anything.

I have looked high and low for all drivers for all the hardware, I am also having trouble with sound but I'll deal with that later. I'll look to reinstall DirectX.

Edit: I have tried to install DirectX 9.0c from the Microsoft site, but it's telling me that my opperating system can't run it. As you can imagine this is very frustirating when I just got the computer. Is there anyway I can get the 32-bit version, I still have all the papers that came with the computer if any of that is needed.

Thanks for any help.

This computer is not only being used for games, though I didn't expect there to be a green bar on the side of the games when I try to play them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom