X3 Reunion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Hi im thinking of purchasing X3 Reunion because of the deep gameplay and amazing visuals, however most of the videos i see of it are jumpy (laggy) and reviews say high system requirements, and the reccomended system requirements of the game are pretty useless (SM 2.0 and 256MB GPU Card) - Im sorry, but you can have a really fast Sm 2.0 and 256MB card and a reaaaaly slow one, true ?. So anyway im not sure how well it will run on my pc, anyone have any idea ?

Specs:

Core 2 Duo E6300 @ 1.86Ghz.
H.I.S Radeon X1950Pro IceQ3 Turbo edition (factory Oc'ed)
2GB PC5300 (2x 1GB Sticks)
SoundBlaster Live 24-Bit

Thanks alot, and also for anyone who has this game... Is it actually a good game, some say its great, some say its boring and as unstable as a pc running in the rain with no case protecting it. < I didnt make that up, i just saw it ona review, written in a clever way the i cant remember :p.

I think you should be fine. I first started play X3 with my X1600 and i was typically playing at 4x AA 8xAF it ran fine... Now that i upgraded my system (which you can see the specs in the sig) I can play it on max.. The only sectors i Have trouble running is the ones where i put my super complexes... there is just way to many ships and stations in there.

egosoft.com :: Index

^great community...

As for me, I love the game.. I have over 500 hours on one game.. but i want to warn you... you must have paicence.... the game starts off slow.. and is very complex..if you dont like an aspect of the game you can download scripts and mods to change it.

Go ahead and sign up to Ego's forums and ask away there... people will be more than willing to tell you everthing you need to know.

Thanks !. It looks like a great game, and yes i have patience :). Another quick question i'll ask here is.... There are many patches for this, the latest being 2.002 if im thinking corectly. Do i have to download all previous patches, or can i download the 2.002 patch that is Called 'Full' and says from 1.0-2.002 ?. Its 176MB.

Thanks Again. O, and does the game support widescreen ? (1280x768)

P.S. i have just registerd on the link you provided, Thanks. My user name is KMAN, as it is here on tech forums., Whats your name on X3 Forums ?, lol ive already posted for some tips :).

You can download the full version 1.0 to version 2.002, that is the only one you will need... it does a full upgrade of the game. I know the game supports widescreen resolutions (I play at 1440x900)... althought im not sure about 1280x768.

My username on the X3 fourms is the same as here... Phantom118

Ok and Thanks. And omg !. People just love to respond quickly, and give in indepth answer on those forums :). I was expecting replies like NOOB, and we get these post every day.... like you sometimes see on tech forums, but NO!. They were all very happy to help :p.

Ive been reading up on a few things on the forums you provided and looking at some of the trailers and guides,... and my god does it look like a fantastic game. (both graphically and in gameplay !)

It really is... it's the only game i like MORE than HL2 and that takes alot... Like i said eairler.. the game has one of the best community's i have seen.. they are more than willing to help with anything. Just wait until you get 100+ hours in and you begin to invade sectors with all you 150 million dollar capital ships.. thats when the fun starts..

So far i 300+ factories... i cant remember i lost count... and 92 ships.. 24 of which are maxed capitol ships.. managing a fleet of traders and combat ships can be quite the handful. keeping tabs on who is going where in the universe..

Is the actual size of the game world big. Or could i fly from one ''side'' to the other in a fast ship without cheeting with super speed or some crap like that in like 2 minutes. Because i hate small mapped games. ESPECIALLY when you HAVE to do a very linear step by step mission with certain routes you have to take that are like 5 metres wide. (as in some other star trek games which are borrring as ****).

Ya the game world is huge.. there are multiple Jump Gates in every sector.. Sometimes in can take 10 to 15 mins or more to fly across one sector.. You can fly in any direction.... and there are over 150 sectors.... the game is huge.. it will take you a long while to explore every sector.

Thats good to here..., i no its hard to compare especially if you havnt had the game, But will it take longer to cover the Elder Scrolls Oblivion on PC or 360, i beleive its about 8 square miles or something similar.

[EDIT] Thats like 37.5 Hours just to fly across the sectors let alone explore them, therefor theres no need to answer my question :p.

Of course the time it takes to fly across a sector can vary... If your in a Mercury Transport ship it will obviously take you longer than if you were in a Jaguar M5... Dont worry.. Im sure you'll beable to get 100's of hours of gameplay... Like i said i have over 500 hours and i have only been to some sectors a couple of times..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom