Which WW2 "shooter" game to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouP

Beta member
Please help this older man new to pc gaming locate a game that features the gamer manning an anti-aircraft gun and blasting away at attacking aircraft either from a bomber or a ship I always wondered what it was like to experience what those WW2 gunners went through-so the more realistic the action-the better. Also is there any game out there that where you man a big 16" naval rifle and do battle against other ships? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.:eek:

Heyyo,

You're pretty much talking about one of the greatest WW2 games out there, Battlefield 1942. Up to 64 players, naval ships, tanks, jeeps, fighter planes, some maps even have submarines.. it's a great game, still plenty of players. I warn you that the netcode ain't spot on, usually to kill any planes you have to aim ahead of where they are going to be, but other than that the game's an incredibly fun time. :)

Battlefield 1942 indeed is a ground breaking WWII game. I will so though, for someone who's fairly new to the online gaming world, Battlefield 1942 can be VERY overwhelming.

Definatly recommended as one of the top WWII games, but make sure you read the manual as the extensive game play can take away from the enjoyment of the game.

EnigmaX said:
Battlefield 1942 indeed is a ground breaking WWII game. I will so though, for someone who's fairly new to the online gaming world, Battlefield 1942 can be VERY overwhelming.

Definatly recommended as one of the top WWII games, but make sure you read the manual as the extensive game play can take away from the enjoyment of the game.

Battlefield 1942 is great.

Day of Defeat is also a great game, and in 2 days we are getting Day of Defeat Source released. This is much different than 1942 however, as it really emerges you into smaller, much more detailed map's.

Call of Duty & Call of Duty United Offensive are also worth buying.

battlefield, or download enemy territory for free. it's not exactly what you want, but you will get addicted.

For me, Medal of Honor and Call of Duty are the end all be all for me :). I especially like Call of Duty because you get to experience the war through 3 different viewpoints; as an American Soldier of the 101st raiding bunkers and running rescue missions, the British soldier with all the espionage, and my favorite, the Russian Grunt soldier.

I liked Medal of Honor Allied Assault. Most people probably won't agree with me, but my favorite one is Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

Medal of Honor Pacific Assault. Very realistic, I think. Good looking graphics and great gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom