wth Oblivion...i cant move. help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

boomstick666

Daemon Poster
help. i cant move. im at the Fort Grief doing a quest. in the hunter's run, i get the key to the door of the keep. and as soon as i got out from the hunter's run (loading), im just unable to move after that. i see no menu in the screen. and only stealth (crouch) and esc button works. nothing else. except i can still rotate myself using mouse. although neither click works. i did reload from way back and redo the quest but same thing happenned. i did uninstall and re-instal the game again. but the results are the same...well, i might have to start over this game.. not much into it anyway... save often ppl.

this is what it looks. im stuck.

MrCoffee said:
can you use fast move to get somewhere? that always unstickes me
nope. cant even get to the map screen. cuz the button doesnt work. + im in the middle of a quest locked inside the hunter's run. so even if wasnt stuck, theres noway to fast travel either.

I save about every 5 minutes. I've got a couple places in the game, where it seems to crash because of the particular quest. There was this one person with a really cool sword that I wanted that everytime I killed the game would crash. Everything would play fine, and I could even fight the person, but as soon as they died the game would crash. I do hope they put out a patch for this that can maybe give a little better performance, but fix some of these weird little bugs.

Overall though it's pretty dang good considering how huge it is.

I was expecting the crash problem to be fixed. It was there alot in the previous Morrowind(s).

Is it really as huge as before?

bah....i guess i have to start over...since i was only using quick save, i don really have a good save point that i can go back. i have to go back to lvl2 or somethin..might as well start over and never go to the hunter's run..
anyway, i just realize that i still have the diary for the thieves guild quest...i forgot to return it lol. well.. my game is gonna be all gone anyway...

As soon as you leave the dungeon there is a scripted scene where all you can do is watch as the other guy is killed. I'm assuming that somehow or another that guy is putting up quite a fight. As soon as he is dead you should regain control of your character.

There are several other scripted sequences where your menus will dissappear like that.

lol the killer is just running around looking for the guy forever. the guy whos supposed to get killed is in up stairs.... good job AI.

tajahem said:
As soon as you leave the dungeon there is a scripted scene where all you can do is watch as the other guy is killed. I'm assuming that somehow or another that guy is putting up quite a fight. As soon as he is dead you should regain control of your character.

There are several other scripted sequences where your menus will dissappear like that.
yes! it worked. i went back outside before i get the key and i manually pushed the guy down the ledge to the ground level. lol when i came back w/ the key, hes sccessfully terminated by the killer. thanks!

That's the trouble with scripted in game sequences. If someone isn't where they are supposed to be, it can screw everything up. I'm glad you could find the guy. I've had situations where some idiot fell through the stairs, tree, or floor into no mans land.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom