wtf @ Ghost Recon A.W.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakeri

Baseband Member
So I buy the game today, install it, and now when I click the shortcut etc to play the game, nothing happens. No window pops open, no nothing. Wtf?!

try reinstalling the game if the following things dont help. try opening it from the start button instead of the desktop. if it requires a disk try going to the launch file in the disk.

I've tried that, still didn't work. Not even the demo worked when I downloaded it last week.. same thing. I don't know..

lol dont bother, the game runs like **** even on high end rigs. i have it on high settings and it runs good. the problem comes when changing servers and when round ends. game freezes.

x2 3800+

xfx 7900GS XE (oc'd to 600/824, though I went back to norm to see if it would help since I heard GRAW doesn't like oc'd stuff)

1x1gb corsair xms2 ddr2-800 (I know I need more.. have to wait til Friday, may get different brand anyway since mine doesn't run at the advertised speed and my bios has no option to set timings)

ga-m55sli-s4 mobo

antec truepower tp-ii 550w psu

250 gb w.d. h.d.d. 7,200/16

:(

and it's not a matter of whether or not the game runs badly at this point, but a curious "wtf?" I mean after building a pc for games, I'd like to know why some don't play (F.E.A.R., G.R.A.W., CoD takes forever to open and run) so I know what to do -_-

Issue: Resolved.

So yeah, turns out there was a problem with one of the security updates from good ole MS. I downloaded their fix for it that says: "Install this update to resolve an issue in which after you apply security update KB917422 (MS06-051), programs unexpectedly stop during initialization without providing any error messages." and now the game starts. Thanks for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom