Wrist pain!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, I think that's it. I built a small mouse pad shelf kinda thing for my desk. It lowers the mouse so my elbow is at a 90 degree angle now.
I had to reach up and fowards a bit before, to use my mouse. My wrist already hurts a little less. :D

Ok here is the deal.

Your wrist has to stay level with your forearm. It can not be angled up or down or you will cause strain , because your carpal tunnel will put pressure on the nerves in your wrist. Also you need to keep your arm wrested on the desk .

Keep feet level on the floor, this really helps you keep a good posture. Keep your back straight.

Take breaks when your wrist gets tired.

yeah, I think that's it. I built a small mouse pad shelf kinda thing for my desk. It lowers the mouse so my elbow is at a 90 degree angle now.
I had to reach up and fowards a bit before, to use my mouse. My wrist already hurts a little less. :D

That is definately better. Keeping that wrist level and the elbow at 90 degrees really helps. It is all about posture.

If you get pain all the time even when you are not at the PC , then you should go to the doctor to get it checked out. Better to get something like that taken care of early then later.

Ergonomic keyboards help too. Cause they angle your arms when you type so that your wrists stay straighter.

Getting a trackball can help as well since you use your thumb more and dont move the wrist around as much.

wow, ya'll just wimps...JK
well when i first got my gaming pc and gamed a lot my wrists just got sore as heck...but after a while you get use to it.

just as long as you dont actually get so injured that you get carpal tunnel. That sucks, only solution from that point is usually surgery.

surgery eh O_O seriously? i got some habbits to break then lol. sitting straight wth my feet flat is so uncomfortable. I lounge back with my legs crossed and resting on my sub rofl. my forearm is completely flat and supported by the chair/mousepad gel, but id say my elbow is between 120-160 degrees usually XD 90 degrees puts my face too close to the screen. gives me headaches. already had to turn brightness down to 70 XD

I here sore rist, I think more calcium, although I also realize some issues with long term use at the keyboard results in wrist pain; not all people sufer the same issue; the keyboard can excacerbate a problem already. keeping a strait back keeps wieght off your wrists I agree; I would suggest first to alter your diet a bit, can't hurt.

As mentioned earlier, its all about how you have your keyboard/mouse setup. Your keyboard and mouse should allow your arms to stay level. I have a ratpadz mousepad with gel wrist support mouse pad underthat. I have been known to play for 12h at a time and have never had any pain. It's all about having the perfect table/chair height.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom