Wrist pain!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could try one of those gel ones that supports your wrist.

Also try making a fist and then stretching your fingers open, like keep closing and opening your hands. Do a few of those maybe?.

I figured this topic should go here, since you fellow gamers have the same problems I do.

I've been having some wrist trouble, from playing video games on the PC a lot. It's probably partly my lousy mouse pad, but I wanted to hear how everyone helps lessen the strain on your wrist while playing video games...

So, does anybody have any methods or tips on easing wrist strain/pain?

I figure it's a combination of my not so good computer chair and my mouse pad...
I'm only 18 so I shouldn't be having carpal tunnel problems... at least not yet, lol...

It's carpal tunnel/RSI. You need to reduce the amount of time you spend on the computer. If while using the computer you allow any part of your arms or wrists to rest on *anything* you will make things worse.
When using the computer during the day, take a five minute break every hour to waggle your wrists. There are plenty of free apps that will remind you and even show you how to relax/stretch your arms/wrists.

I'm not sure I could play without resting my wrist on the desk/gel pad...
I'll just have to take break at least once an hour...

I'm ambidextrous so i just switch hands when im rist is sore.

Id say the best thing to do would just take a break now and then like everyone has advised. A good gel rist mouse pad could help also.

I'm ambidextrous so i just switch hands when my rist is sore.

Id say the best thing to do would just take a break now and then like everyone has advised. A good gel rist mouse pad could help also.

Edit: woops, double post when editing.

LOL
Sorry guys... didn't mean to cause any pain.... xD

What's weird is my wrist doesn't start to hurt after a couple hours of computer time.... it hurts right when I sit down at the PC... I just woke up and my wrist already hurts....
Oh well, I'll have to figure something out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom