WOW vs Diablo 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
think Diablo 3 is gonna be a better game?
i hope they dont do the monthly charging!!! o.o

I personally think Diablo 3 will turn out better. It's going to be a newer, similar game from the same company, meaning that they're going to probably try to make a game that is better than what they already offer. The graphics should also be improved, with a newer engine, and all that good stuff. And I thought I heard somewhere that they won't charge monthly, but I'm not 100 percent sure.

They aren't even the same genre. Diablo is NOT an mmo. EoD.
Sayign which one is better is completely subjective.

IMO Diablo 3 will be better. Why? Simply put.. I don't like wow. In fact i've realized I don't really like any mmo's after FFXI's original set up.
Diablo 3 is a fast-paced action-adventure hack and slash. Wow is a slow paced errand running simulation. Collect 30 of these, kill 8 of these, take this to some person accross the planet because only players are allowed to use the extensive mail system and not NPC's, collect 10i83275957 more of these.

Now someone else would argue saying wow is more fun :/

In a nutshell you'll have to form your own opinion of it.

They will Not be charging monthly. It's been verified by devellopers, mods, even jay wilson himself.
There *Will* be some microtransactions that have nothing to do with gameplay. I.E. Name change, realm switch, account freezing/unfreezing (i.e. you need to go away for 6 months but don't want your characters deleted in 90 days) etc.
There will not be online item stores like all those retarded free-2-play mmo's.

The graphics have been greatly improved over diablo 2. There have been physics effects added, as well as hdr lighting and all that fun stuff. The randomized scripting has been vastly improved to allow for events themselves to be randomized as well.

There's too much for me to compile here before work but dig around. And do your best to avoid the official forums. It's a real nightmare. Kids whining, other kids bashing the ones whining etc etc.. :p

Long and short of it is, if you liked diablo 2, you'll love diablo 3. There's been some controvercial changes to the game, like auto stats and such, but i believe after all the reading i've done and interviews watched and discussion with other prominent members of the community, including some dev input, that the changes will actually function really well.

Now the big thing were waiting on (besides the last 2 classes) is how the trading economy will be managed. Trade house? Auction house? Kept the same? Who knows :/ I'm not really a fan of the auction house system, because the prices inflate so easily it's retarded. Like in wow, a level 19 item worth like 800 gold? Give me a break. I guess there's no need for twinking in diablo 3 so that situation won't be so bad but meh. Auction houses also promote the activity of RMT and gold farmers :/ Just my opinions though, I don't actually have a solution for it lol.

diablo 2 used to be my game. i played a massive amont of hours on that game. I never palyed WoW. It kinda interests me but not enough i guess.

when D3 was announced, i loaded up D2 again. I can't really get into it and. Its very repetative. Maybe the new changes in D3 will keep my interest.

They aren't even the same genre. Diablo is NOT an mmo. EoD.
Sayign which one is better is completely subjective.

IMO Diablo 3 will be better. Why? Simply put.. I don't like wow. In fact i've realized I don't really like any mmo's after FFXI's original set up.
Diablo 3 is a fast-paced action-adventure hack and slash. Wow is a slow paced errand running simulation. Collect 30 of these, kill 8 of these, take this to some person accross the planet because only players are allowed to use the extensive mail system and not NPC's, collect 10i83275957 more of these.

Now someone else would argue saying wow is more fun :/

In a nutshell you'll have to form your own opinion of it.

They will Not be charging monthly. It's been verified by devellopers, mods, even jay wilson himself.
There *Will* be some microtransactions that have nothing to do with gameplay. I.E. Name change, realm switch, account freezing/unfreezing (i.e. you need to go away for 6 months but don't want your characters deleted in 90 days) etc.
There will not be online item stores like all those retarded free-2-play mmo's.

The graphics have been greatly improved over diablo 2. There have been physics effects added, as well as hdr lighting and all that fun stuff. The randomized scripting has been vastly improved to allow for events themselves to be randomized as well.

There's too much for me to compile here before work but dig around. And do your best to avoid the official forums. It's a real nightmare. Kids whining, other kids bashing the ones whining etc etc.. :p

Long and short of it is, if you liked diablo 2, you'll love diablo 3. There's been some controvercial changes to the game, like auto stats and such, but i believe after all the reading i've done and interviews watched and discussion with other prominent members of the community, including some dev input, that the changes will actually function really well.

Now the big thing were waiting on (besides the last 2 classes) is how the trading economy will be managed. Trade house? Auction house? Kept the same? Who knows :/ I'm not really a fan of the auction house system, because the prices inflate so easily it's retarded. Like in wow, a level 19 item worth like 800 gold? Give me a break. I guess there's no need for twinking in diablo 3 so that situation won't be so bad but meh. Auction houses also promote the activity of RMT and gold farmers :/ Just my opinions though, I don't actually have a solution for it lol.

You forgot to add that will you are leveling between level 10 and 30 on Diablo 3, you do not need to put up with Barron's Chat and Chuck Norris Jokes.

IMO D3, WoW is over hyped now, to many expansions, and IMO, doesn't stay with the original Warcraft story line. No Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 will not cost extra to play on battle.net, but battle.net will see a major overhall right before or during the launch of these games. Who knows, maybe they will finaly allow more charactures for gamer names... And allow open and closed bnet like in the past...

lol. I bought D2 again when it was announced. Played it quite a bit too. Ended up getting banned for using D2Loader though. Man was I steamed. I just used it so i could run two legitely purchased copies at once, so i could mule myself without worrying about bnet's deficiencies lol. Sucks buying 2 copies for nothin but meh whatev.

Not just an overhaul. Bnet2.0 = brand spankin new XDDD. Having a couple more characters in names would be ok, but im so sick of seeing Names_That_Are_So_freaking_long_they_barely_sit_on_one_line. >< I guess not a lot of games have that problem, just a handful but meh. You dont need 5 words in your name :/ Or even usually 3 ><

I don't really have a problem with a lot of expansions. Adding content is always good. The problem is its ALL THE SAME STUFF. It's the same quests and same crap reintroduced in new lands. Collect 8 Yeti tongues instead of 8 boar tongues Etc.. blargh lol

I don't think open B.net will be available. and for a while there was talk about lan being removed as well, I don't know what became of it. I can't verify either of those so right now it's just rumor. I don't feel like digging through the filth of the official forums for the thread on it.

LOL barrens chat and chuck norris. It's not even just barrens chat anymore. it's all public channels lol. You're better off making real friends and creating a private room. Only thing I miss about wow was just sitting and chatting with the whole 4 or 5 decent people I met during my 4 month stay :/

To each his own though. If you're into delivery boy simulations then more power to you :/

There will be no monthly fee for Diablo III.
You can't really compare Wow and Diablo III they are different genres of game.
But I think a lot of Wow's player base will convert to Diablo III. I think it will be the biggest blow to Wow's community in its life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom