Is WoW really that addicting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akasixcon

This is sparta!
I'm a very hardcore Warcraft 3 fan and there is a lot of talk about Wrath of the Lich King nowadays that Im pretty interested in playing WOW. I heard that if you don't spend alot of time with WOW you wont be good and have fun and whatnot. I'm a college student and have no more than 5 hours of gaming hours a week, usually on average its only about 2 hours.

I was wondering if its worth paying the $15/mo playing only 10 hours a month on this game. Also, is it really that addicting that it will ruin my social life and stuff? I'm also in a sport and such. From the looks of it, it seems like everyone whos playing wow in my campus is addicted.

warcraft and wow are completely different.

wow is a big mmo....warcraft is an rts...i dont see the appeal personally and would rather blow someones head off in cod4 and cod5 for free online.

It is horribly addictive. Over the course of the last 3 years I have played for at least 2 1/2. I even quit and sold my account only to come back and buy a new copy of the game later on. I highly recommend not playing it, too much of a drain on your time and wallet.

It IS that addicting. I went into it freshman year of college thinking the same as you, I'd only play at max 20 hours a month. I ended up spending 4-6 hours a day sometimes and my grades plummeted.

DON'T play this game in college!!!!

Time = advancement, basically. If you don't put in your time you don't increase in power. the same can be said about other games, like BF2 and COD4, but in those games level (rank) doesn't really matter as it doesn't change the mechanics of the game.

Think of WOW as a giant time sink and you get the picture.

I played on a free server (less people than a paid one) and I didn't really see the appeal. Now it could be because there was less people or maybe because I didn't play hours and hours in the beginning. But by the time I got to level 14 I lost interest.

I never got addicted to this game. I bought into it and reactivated my account like 3 times, but each time I would play it for 2 weeks, realize what it was that made me bored the first time, and quit after my 1 month was done.

It was just too boring for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom