WoW Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

RalliArt882

Daemon Poster
Hey, a few days ago I reactivated my WoW account after not playing at all since April. But during the past few days, the game has had a tendency to get stuck on the loading screen after the character selection and clicking "Enter Realm". This has never happened to me until now, and I've played the game off and on since Nov. 07.

After clicking "Enter Realm" I'll see the bar at the loading screen fill up, but then the screen will be stuck. I will still get sound, and I can press buttons and hear my character walk, cast spells ect. So I guess my character is logged in, but I still just see the loading screen.

I tried a number of things. I updated the driver on my video card. I ran a virus and spyware scan. I also followed blizzard's advice and clearing out the cache ect. in the WoW folder of Windows Explorer. But none of this has helped, and the game is virtually unplayable. Is there anything else I should do? Thanks.

there is a way to fix it without uninstalling i used to play wow

Its a file on WoW in program files you have to delete i forgot the name of it though....

I havnt played WoW for 5 months....

But just go on WoW forumns and ask some for help there.

a GM will probably tell you what to do.

Its the userconfig , I think , I too haven't played since April 4th.
Ask on the forums what is the file that you delete when your UI gets screwed up, maybe its that one.
Also try to do a repair to WoW.

Alright I'll be sure to do that. Oddly enough, right after I made this OP, WoW started right up fine. But I've been at work all day and I'm going to look into this further. Glad to hear I'm not the only one with this problem. Thanks alot.

UPDATE: Just started WoW again. I got past the loading screen ok but now I get weird changes in lighting and it took my char 30 sec to appear after running around. I'm going to do the Repair and if that doesn't work, I'll take this over to the WoW forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom