WoW private server question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomic tofu

Fully Optimized
hey folks...out of boredom I decided to look this up...seeing it in random searches I do.

Anyway...could someone tell me what a private server for this game entails? If it's legal (just info), please post...if not, please forgive me :)

Does a WoW private server replicate the online world? ie., have functional content, mobs, dungeons,etc.

What would one need in order to run a WoW private server...and how easy would it be.

On youtube, I was watching something that mentioned mysql, antrix core, etc...

thankie

Yes it does, Its really just the same. But the leveling might be a little different. Depending on what server you choose :). This is the one I used to play on WoWscape :: #1 World of Warcraft Private Server it has a server browser that will still let you play on the blizzard wow and the private one. Pretty easy to set up too. If I wasnt allowed to post that link im sorry please remove.

I ran a server on an amd athlon 1.33 with 1gb of memory and it ran perfectly fine. i only had it up for a while though, because it was REALLY REALLY buggy. plus it was in german. >_<

Also with private servers there is no way to keep people from hacking their items and characters.

I play on a private server, called WowTrance. The website is WoWTrance - Everything you need, in one place, very dedicated admins, great server..

The point of private servers, other than being a cheap *******, is to get instant 70, for those who don't have time to lvl to 70, etc..

Private servers usually have the same things as normal WoW, but be aware that the server owners can easily change things, so some things may not be the same.

On my server, you get instant 70, and a place full of vendors to buy all the equipment, some servers do this some make you work your way up like normal wow.

Private servers are fun for when you're bored =)

*logs on*

Actually, as far as Hacks and cheaters are concerned I've yet to run across one on a private server. The admins come down hard on them, now usually you have different types of servers, the funserver (10x exp for quests/kills, 5x gold, 256 level cap, etc), normal servers, xtreme servers (instant level 70, etc). I like the 256 cap one because you can instance by yourself at that high a level. As far a buggy, they are on occasion but again... depends on the server. I used wowscape for awhile but was buggy, now I use wowgasm and most (except the Nexxus) run smoothly.

Private MMO servers are great if you want to run a instance with your friends on some saturday with out the hassle of giving up 2 weeks of your life to get up to level 60. Part from that, they are dead boring.

Part from that, they are dead boring.

qft

The other thing about running my server at home was that it made me realize just how much of a bullsh*t game wow is. Being able to place npcs anywhere, and kill them instantly, get any item i wanted kinda ruined it for me for a while.

./kill = meh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom