WOW Players, Guilds, Servers.......?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Geek

In Runtime
well,
im finally gonna start playing in a week or two. mainly becuase im going back for fall semester. faster connection and some money to spend on that monthly subscription fee. and my computer is hopefully ready for it.

i was wondering who plays WOW regularly and what server and if your apart of any guilds. it would be great to start off knowing some people in WOW. oh yeah, i wont be one of those that ask for freebies or hand-outs, cuz i know the feeling when asked. it would be also cool if you could help with some tips when first starting. chances are ill be leaning toward the alliance and a paladin, but that could change. well, hope to see some of you in WOW.

oh, if ya dont feel like giving any info right out, give me a pm. thanks

One of the things I found useful is enabled the extra action bars...I forgot how to do it...I stopped dishing out the 15/month awhile ago. I recall it being pretty easy to figure out.

One action bar already has like 12 slots, but you can add one or two on top and one on the left side, if I recall correctly. Plenty of room to put potions, spells, food, etc.

Of course, you won't really need more than one action bar until like level 15 or so when you have enough skills to fill up it all up. =D

Here are some things I do. First get yourself Cosmos, which is a program that adds a whole bunch of helpful add-ons to WoW. That can be found at www.Cosmosui.com Use the Release version, its the most stable. A little more about it, the program allows you to create map markers, by using /tloc with a coordinance. For example /tloc 45,68 and it will create a marker on you map to guide you to a specific location. When you use that in combination with www.Thottbot.com and http://wow.allakhazam.com you can finish quests that would take hours, in minutes, by eliminating all the monatonous searching and hunting. Also those two website can be used to look up pretty much everything you need in the game. They also get repleys by players who will fill you in in changes to quests, and most of the time will give you specific coordinates for quests. Another thing, any other player who uses Cosmos can send you map markers, which eliminated them trying to explain who to get to a certain area. Cosmos also gives maps of every instance in the game, and it add two more actions bars to the screen that can be moved. One more thing it does, is it ranks quests by difficulty, and gives you the class level required to complete the quest fairly easily. Anyways, it has far to many add-ons to mention, I havent figured it all out myself. Those are just of few of the Websites I use to help me out, and Cosmos is an excellent add-on.

I play on Gorefiend server on the horde, medium pop server with alot of cool guys. Currently in a guild that raids Molten Core bi-weekly.

i'm not too fond of pay to play games, but i'm seriously reconsidering making an exception for WoW..meyb after i get a job or have some kind of steady income

mak said:
One of the things I found useful is enabled the extra action bars...I forgot how to do it...I stopped dishing out the 15/month awhile ago. I recall it being pretty easy to figure out.

One action bar already has like 12 slots, but you can add one or two on top and one on the left side, if I recall correctly. Plenty of room to put potions, spells, food, etc.

Of course, you won't really need more than one action bar until like level 15 or so when you have enough skills to fill up it all up. =D

Its in the "Interface" area.

I played WoW for 4 months and hated it. I despise the gameplay in there. The PvP, I have to say, is the best PvP you'll ever find. However, the game is nothing more than a giant PvP arena. Some reasons I hate the game (In no order) -

1. Soulbinding. Most items, when you get them, bind themselves to you. You cannot trade these items to anyone else. If you want to get rid of them, can't use them, or just need money for them, you're going to have to sell them to a "vendor." This especially pisses me off with high-level items. For example, one of the strongest weapons in the game. Its made for a warrior. However, its also "bind on pickup." This means that the item will be soulbound to you the second you loot it. If, for example, a priest gets it, then he can't do anything with it. He has no use for it, so he has to sell it to a vendor for chump change. I hate this. There are only a handful of rare items in the game left because of this. A person could spend a year looking for an item, but some1 else gets it. The person should be able to trade it to some1 who actually needs it. Whole economies of games revolve around rare items. This just pisses me off.

2. Quests. They aeren't worthy of being called quests. "Go kill X number of X monster and them come back to me to get a quest to get X number of X item from X monster." Its total bullshit. This is called a "task" not a "quest" damnit! They claim to have over 2000 quests in the game. Well, thats not so hard making quests with that system. These people have never seen an actual quest in a game.

3. World seperation. You cannot transfer your character from one "world" to another. For example, if you make a character on Tichondrius and get that character to level 60 (max), then you decide to switch servers to play with other people from your school or something, guess what...you can't. Your character is stuck on that server forever. This also pissed me off very bad. Why the HELL would those idiots do this? I just don't see the logic of it...total bullshit. It also seperates the community.

Finally, I'd just say, don't pay for a 3-month or 6-month subscription. Only do it for one month. You'll see what I mean.

isnt the first month free? thanks for the input, this really has changed my views, but im still interested in the game.

Oh...yea, the first month is free. Sorry, been a long time since I logged on, forgetting struff =/

Actually, they do have changing realms now...but I don't think you can pick which realm you can go to...

. World seperation. You cannot transfer your character from one "world" to another. For example, if you make a character on Tichondrius and get that character to level 60 (max), then you decide to switch servers to play with other people from your school or something, guess what...you can't. Your character is stuck on that server forever. This also pissed me off very bad. Why the HELL would those idiots do this? I just don't see the logic of it...total bullshit. It also seperates the community.

There is a reason for that. They do it to balance out the servers. What would happen if you had half of the game's level 60 characters were on one server? Those people would get bored, and then start ramapaging all around the world killing everything in site. People are like that when they have nothing better to do. Also it keeps keeps things such as item levels in balance. Trust me, its much better this way. Its not hard to get to level 60, especially if all your friends from school are helping out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom