Wow GIANT Crysis news! DX10 on XP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
oic. I turned off aero and im running pretty smoothly on 1GB DDR pc3200.

Runs crap with aero though. As for games, the vid card in the px now is just an old radeon 300x 128 so the best i can do with xp or vista is fear on low around 40fps. So as far as gaming goes I've been left staring at videos for great graphics and stuff. So going from that junk to DX10 is going to be heaven. I'm like a kid at christmas lol

EDIT~ Oh yeah whats the official verdict on manually enabling multiple cores for crysis. Does it or does it not make any difference at all. I know Crysis is still way ahead of hardware and all that but any performance gain is very welcome. It's also somethign the dev team might fix for final release. Don't know why it'd only run 1 core by default.

I checked mine when I got hom and the affnity was already running on all of my cores so I have no way of knowing if it made a difference. I might try to increase my cpu to 3.4 from 3.3 to see if that gives me the extra 5 frames that I'd like to see to run real smooth. I also think future patches and driver releases are going to help out alot, not to mention this is just the demo.

yeah. I just want to see 40 fps and not have to play on medium..

if that can happen soemtime with patches and drivers or whatnot ill be happy.

4) What is everyone's problem anyway, Vista is a brilliant operating system.
Vista blows sorry. Even with my Vlited copy and 28 processes with no extra security BS i take a hit in performance. And now im running SLI, i deff cant use Vista. "The ultimate gaming OS" my arse. Dosent even support SLI HAH!

This game runs solidly for me in DX9 under single card.

meh so it blows for some people and works great for others. It's all opinion. Without areo it works great on my junk system. End of discussion >.> If you don't like vista then don't run it. Simple.

Vista blows sorry. Even with my Vlited copy and 28 processes with no extra security BS i take a hit in performance. And now im running SLI, i deff cant use Vista. "The ultimate gaming OS" my arse. Dosent even support SLI HAH!

This game runs solidly for me in DX9 under single card.

When's the last time you tried it? Nvidia drivers have matured QUITE a lot in the last few months and SLI works fine now.

With my 8800GTS I was still able to score slightly over 11125 in 3dmark06...vs 11195 in XP 64.....70 pt difference, big whoop.

My point is that performance is improving quite a bit and is almost on par with XP.

I have a seperate install on a HD in my machine. I run it al the time with the latest drivers. Thats 3dmark as well, im talking games here. The funniest difference ive noticed is Halo2. It runs so much better in XP.
meh so it blows for some people and works great for others. It's all opinion. Without areo it works great on my junk system. End of discussion >.> If you don't like vista then don't run it. Simple.
Junk system? Of course its going to run fine on your machine. It runs fine on mine too WITH Aero. I just get better performance outa XP. Its more soild, and has faster networking as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom