WOW "Free" Open Beta..... yeah, right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackmoore

Daemon Poster
Well a few days ago, Blizzard started their final Stress Test on World of Warcraft. But to the suprize of many people, me included, it was not free, and it wasn't offered to everyone. It was only offered to those who already made the Beta, and those who are willing to buy a subscription to www.Fileplanet.com I don't know about any of you, but that kind of makes me mad. It says that those who DO subscribe to Fileplanet are just getting to play a week early, but what does that matter to those of us who don't want to buy a subscription. The game will be out in two weeks anyway, assuming their on time with the game. I wonder if Fileplanet just offered Blizzard a large amount of Cash to get the World of Warcraft Files on their download servers. That way they could hope to bring in a new crop of subscribers.

I am so not going to get this game, I mean seriously you have to pay by the month after paying for the initial game. Such a rip if you ask me.

Just to let you know, the final stress test isn't the open beta. It's just another stress test. Supposedly, the open beta is coming out 5-7 days after the beginning of the final stress test, but that's probably a month from now in Blizzard time :p

So don't get your hopes up on a free open beta. Fileplanet WILL be giving out some cd-keys to their subscribers, but you will still be able to download the game from Blizzard without having to pay any fees. However, this is going to be on a first come, first serve basis. This is all in the open-beta/stress test FAQ located on the official WoW page (www.worldofwarcraft.com). I check the page every day just so that I don't miss the opportunity to sign up for the open beta. I hope this info changes your mind on trying this game :)

I am so not going to get this game, I mean seriously you have to pay by the month after paying for the initial game. Such a rip if you ask me.

MMORPG's are well worth the money in my opinion. They do cost up to $15 / month, but MMORPG's are a long term investment. If you play with game for 2 years, you will end up playing 24 x $15 = $360. Thats equivalent to about 7 games. I think most people buy more than 7 games in a period of two years.

i couldnt agree more, i just hope they dont go for a hero-based game like WC3...i would really like a kinda mix between old-school SC and the doomhammer game tha just came out... liked it quite a bit, dont know about buildin in squads then adding, but upgrading weaponry per soldier is alot better if you ask me.

I had a subscription to fileplanet so figured I would try it, but when the download started it was like 2.6gig! to big for my measley pipe :(

I have yet to try an MMORPG but want to get into one. Any recs for something with a sci-fi twist would be appreciated, SW galaxies maybe? or is that one weak?

From what I've heard, Star Wars Galaxies IS WEAK...

City of Heroes its an MMORPG where you get to become a hero.

I have always preferred fantasy style MMORPG's such as Dark Age of Camelot / Everquest

Also, good things are being said about World of Warcraft, and who doesn't love the warcraft universe :D

As much as I would like to see another Starcraft, I want to see another Diablo first. To me Starcraft is just Warcraft with a different look. Its a fun game, but im ready for another Diablo. Unless they add a new twist to the gameplay, its not going to appeal to me as much as it used too. Graphics technology and computer hardware has evolved enough now that they could make Diablo look really nice. Also, they're still working on Starcraft Ghost, I don't know if there are counting that as their contribution to the Starcraft series, and moving next in line to Diablo. I wish they would make some announcements on their next game. WOW is now finished, and Starcraft Ghost is supposed to realease after Christmas sometime I think, at least for the Gamecube.

MMORPG's are only good if you have the time to play like that.

Seriously. I work all day. When I go home, I don't want to be committed to a game. And if I don't play that game regularly, it's not worth the $15+ a month I'm paying for it.

I pay monthly for the TV, but that's different, because I can tune the TV to watch whatever I want, whenever I want. Unlike an MMORPG, where you're playing the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom