WoW and Cosmos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackmoore

Daemon Poster
How do I install Cosmos? I used to run it on WoW, but some how it got messed up with the newer patched, and now when I attempt to install and run it, it doesn't do anything, and i get add-on errors when I try to check charactor stats n such. I don't know if any of you have ever used it, but I love it, it gives you a lot more room to add spell hot keys n such, as well as added map functions.

First thing to check is that you've downloaded the latest version. Every time Blizzard patch the WOW client the version interface number changes (or rather - 'increases'). I imagine this is to protect people from using addons which are untested against the newer client version.

You can check the version number in the lower left half of the login window, this needs to match version numbers in .toc plain text files which are contained within the addon directories.

You can change the version numbers in each of the .toc files yourself, but it's easier and probably more stable to download the latest version of Cosmos each time WOW is patched.

The latest Cosmos Alpha was released only today and can be downloaded at:

Cosmos Alpha 05/05/05

I personally had nothing but problems with Cosmos so switched to a variant of CT_mod. I have to say I much prefer it to be honest.

In the long term, hopefully Blizz can come up with better interface options themselves, meaning we won't have to go elsewhere for so many ui add-ons.

You've mentioned additional hotbars as one of the reasons you use Cosmos - it's worth me mentioning that you can now use the inbuilt interface options to add more toolbars, reducing the potential for version mismatch errors when WOW is patched in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom