WoW but not CS 1.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

slygnu05

Baseband Member
Ok so i have this pretty kick *** laptop and a nice dsl connection. I can usually play almost any of the latest graphic hogging games like World of Warcraft. The only thing is i can barely play counter strike 1.6 and i don't know why. I get this random lag spikes and this cl_flush entity crap where my cs freezes up and my ping goes up to like 400. I need this fixed because i plan to go CAL-IM soon and i can't have this going on. It might be my rates but i doubt it because i do them everytime before I start playing. If Any1 has any advice on what i should do can you please post back. In my life this is a serious emergency. thx

have you configured the internet options in the game? Have you checked "automatically detect settings" in IE?

join servers near you to get low latency, and make sure nothing is eating up your network bandwidth. also you have to open proper ports for Steam to access.

yeah i have a friend with DSL and he gets random ping spikes
ping doesnt have anything to do with your graphics. it has to do with your internet.

what are your ingame rates
and what FPS are you getting
also what choke & loss do you get

fps_max 99 cl_updaterate 101 rate 20000 cl_cmdrate 10, those are my rates and my choke and loss is usually both 0

its happend to me before i had to completly uninstall cs and reinstall it
you have to go in and delete all the config files, because the problem was in them for me. cantgo cal-im right off the bat ;)

quite frankly laptops arent top gaming machines

post system specs

what team are you on?

ps. everybody thinks they will go cal im+ when they join leagues
to bad it never happens :(

tehdigit said:
quite frankly laptops arent top gaming machines

post system specs

what team are you on?

ps. everybody thinks they will go cal im+ when they join leagues
to bad it never happens :(
[/Q

" kickass laptop " read the whole post, i know its not my laptop
specs

- amd 64 athlon mobile
- 3.0 ghz
- 1G of ram
- ati x300

ya it really is 2.2 but it is an AMD and some people don't get the fact that pentium and AMD measure differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom