WoW

Status
Not open for further replies.

ApolloIV

In Runtime
well the new WoW expansion is out. Went to the midnight release at gamestop, installed it and now i'm downloading the patch. Can't wait to play, to bad my classes will get in the way.

Yea, a buddy of mine called me and mentioned the midnight gamestop thing. I'm sure he's just about 1/2 way to 71 by now. He and a small group already had a walkthrough of the first few thing to do (because of careful planning and playing the beta for it) They have a "Roadmap" for themselves all the way to 73-74. They just wanted to get out of the primary portion of the new zone.. because EVERYONE is going to be there at the same time (hello lag). So, they are knocking out the quests right now, I'm sure :) He tried to convince me to start up again... LOL.

Yea, a buddy of mine called me and mentioned the midnight gamestop thing. I'm sure he's just about 1/2 way to 71 by now. He and a small group already had a walkthrough of the first few thing to do (because of careful planning and playing the beta for it) They have a "Roadmap" for themselves all the way to 73-74. They just wanted to get out of the primary portion of the new zone.. because EVERYONE is going to be there at the same time (hello lag). So, they are knocking out the quests right now, I'm sure :) He tried to convince me to start up again... LOL.

Tell me about it.... my friends have been asking me non stop to come back to WoW. I got to 60 then got bored. For me to play WoW though, it would cost:

$30 (first expansion) + $40 (new expansion) +$20 (Character server transfer...) + $15 (Monthly charge) = $105 to play a mediocre game for 1 month. I'd rather go with CoD: WaW, Fallout 3, and some Taco Bell. :D

YAWN....................... Once again I got my wow playing freinds bugging me to reactivate my account.

Sorry, but last time was the last time for me. Not more going back to WoW for me.

Currently have fun with Star War Force Unleashed.

I might reactivate my Eve Online Account while i hold out for Star Wars The Old Republic.

Well I think most people use Questhelper now so it tells/shows you where to go and when so it's pretty easy to quest. Also the lag wasnt as bad as i thought it was going to be, I would have to say for the amount of people that were leveling in the area it was actually pretty good. i also didn't make this thread to hear people complain about how their friends are trying to get them to play... I forgot this is a wow bashing forum.

so, I've got a question for ya,
have you power lvled your wow characters?
how long does it take to get to say, 60?

With the nef to leveling i would say 10 in game days, and thats not power leveling thats just playing at your own pace.

Exactly. I don't know why all my WoW friends are begging me back. I have got an account twice. Both times I got bored within the first few weeks. There is simply nothing to do. All my friends do on WoW once they reach 70 is raid 3 times a week for the chance (1 in 25) of getting an item.

Now they will have some new stuff, but once they reach 80, back to raiding. So I ask, what's the point? I'd much rather play COD or Gears of War or something where the experience changes each time. Not to mention the pointless thought of wasting 10+ hours a week to aquire an item once a month that increases my stats by .1%, and spending my time making bags or something to sell for fake in game gold to buy items that will again increase my stats by .1%

Exactly. I don't know why all my WoW friends are begging me back. I have got an account twice. Both times I got bored within the first few weeks. There is simply nothing to do. All my friends do on WoW once they reach 70 is raid 3 times a week for the chance (1 in 25) of getting an item.

Now they will have some new stuff, but once they reach 80, back to raiding. So I ask, what's the point? I'd much rather play COD or Gears of War or something where the experience changes each time. Not to mention the pointless thought of wasting 10+ hours a week to aquire an item once a month that increases my stats by .1%, and spending my time making bags or something to sell for fake in game gold to buy items that will again increase my stats by .1%

Agreed. I played WoW until level 60 over the summer. I was able to do a few levels a day, so getting to 60 only took a few weeks. I remember it was something like 180,000 xp to hit level 60. Then once I leveled up, they wanted 450,000 xp for level 61, so I just gave up.

My friend says the new expansion has nicer graphics and is a lot more fun to play. Apparently quests are more fun and there's much less down time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom