World Of Warcraft: Rise of The Lich King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blizzards attempts at making games have only come across me as money making schemes instead of creating fun and unrepeated game play. Take WoW for instance, pay $15 a month, while it is difficult to get anything in the game. You must run instances (dungeons) time and time and time again wasting hours and hours to get gear that you probably won't even get. How many times can the Slayer of a Million Dead Souls die before you get your Boots of the Insane Spider Monkey of Intelligence.

Blizzards attempts at making games have only come across me as money making schemes instead of creating fun and unrepeated game play. Take WoW for instance, pay $15 a month, while it is difficult to get anything in the game. You must run instances (dungeons) time and time and time again wasting hours and hours to get gear that you probably won't even get. How many times can the Slayer of a Million Dead Souls die before you get your Boots of the Insane Spider Monkey of Intelligence.

This can be said for ANY mmo. They force you to run crap over and over again so they keep you playing from month to month. But for 15 bucks a month, i get my money's worth because im not buying a 50 dollar game every month like i used to back before mmo's.

I don't play WoW anymore, but I definitely think it's the best game to come out in the last 5 years on any system. It's funny after playing for almost 2 years and then quitting and seeing other people I know play it for the first time and watching the effect it has on them.

I don't play WoW anymore, but I definitely think it's the best game to come out in the last 5 years on any system. It's funny after playing for almost 2 years and then quitting and seeing other people I know play it for the first time and watching the effect it has on them.

that's what i'm going through right now, I just quit after playing for 2 years, i mean it's a fun game and all but it just isn't worth it anymore IMO

I sort of hate WoW because it took a lot of my friends, now they don't do anything or play anything else.

I figured that it must be good if so many people play it for so long, then it just got boring, the quests were boring, I didn't even read the stuff most of the time, I just accept them and look at the objectives listed. The crappy quests, the grinding, gathering for professions, it just got too boring for me to continue to pay $15 a month.

I hear end game is a lot more fun, but I am not playing hours of boring gameplay to get to the good stuff. To me a good game is just fun, you play and have fun from start to finish. I guess MMOs aren't for me, although I did like Runescape a lot, maybe because that was like all I could play.

I sort of hate WoW because it took a lot of my friends, now they don't do anything or play anything else.

I figured that it must be good if so many people play it for so long, then it just got boring, the quests were boring, I didn't even read the stuff most of the time, I just accept them and look at the objectives listed. The crappy quests, the grinding, gathering for professions, it just got too boring for me to continue to pay $15 a month.

I hear end game is a lot more fun, but I am not playing hours of boring gameplay to get to the good stuff. To me a good game is just fun, you play and have fun from start to finish. I guess MMOs aren't for me, although I did like Runescape a lot, maybe because that was like all I could play.

I had fun in endgame the first couple times we did boss fights. After that they all got boring, even the more involved fights from Naxx (last dungeon added be4 BC). PVP is also a total joke. WoW also screwed up a lot of lore.

Kinda ****ed Arthas is gonna get killed by a group of 25 jackasses who want an epic sword or new healing staff. Hopefully they'll make a real Warcraft game where people will get to kill lore important characters in epic battles of massive scales (holding off Archimonde for 45 minutes was insane).

Blizzards attempts at making games have only come across me as money making schemes instead of creating fun and unrepeated game play.

waaaiiiit.... no... you mean... no... you couldn't possibly suggest that a business is out to make... ha, what a ridiculous idea, why would it ever want to make money! hahaha, you nearly had me there... /slap

sigh, all companies are out to make money. They don't go, hey! I know! Lets make a fun game, and give it away for free! Yeah! We aint in it for the money, we are just going to work for thousands of man hours to get a game for the people to enjoy, free of cost! Cause that is the way the world works! yay, lets go dance in the fields of flowers! wooo

Blizzard like any other company is in it for the money. And if WoW wasn't a fun game people wouldn't play it. You can't deny that WoW is a brilliant game, regardless of if you like it or not. If it wasn't brilliant, then it wouldn't pull in what... 9 million accounts or something? Sure, it is repetitive, but that doesn't change the fact that it is enjoyable. And every game is repetitive, regardless of how you look at it. A shooting game, there are lets say 5 different aspects to it. Shooting from ages away, run in guns blazing, sneaking up on someone, knifing someone, nading someone. These are all very repetitive aspects to the game, just they are put in various situations and used differently dependent on the situation.

I'm just completely fed up with the game. It's mindless stupid pointless all of the above to me now. I had a great time while i was playing WoW for the 2 years I did, but looking back on that drives me nuts... all the other things I could've done, but no. WoW is a game of devoting time to ultimately get more lucky which will make you more powerful. A game you can never beat, a game you can never be the most powerful in, a game where you can rarely feel successful which creates a wonderfully addictive game. Blizzard shows off all this amazing stuff that you can get, and what you can be, they dangle it in front of your face like strapping a carrot onto a rabbits back and watching it run around determined while they laugh and wrack in $120,000,000 a month. It IS brilliant, but very stupid. Good for Blizzard, bad for players. As for the repetitive nature that I was talking about.. it was in regards to things such as running instances over, and over, and over, and over, and over just to get gear you most likely won't get. I remember running the same annoying crap with the same annoying people fighting the same annoying monsters who do the same annoying things every time, time and time again. Most fights go the same way since there is a limited amount of flexibility in the combat. As much as I'm sick of WoW I would still enjoy playing it for a few hours, a little casual game play, but the main thing detouring me from playing anymore is the feeling of overwhelming hopelessness when you're 2 shotted by a POM fireblast (Mages instant crit BS) or destroyed by some kid who has no life with an orc warrior in full legendary and epic gear.

well it really depends what your play style is
for me when i was raiding @ lvl 60 before the xpac i loved it, we were in naxx, very nearly finished it, up to 2nd last boss of the whole instance, and all the boss battles in naxx were great. they were all different and unique. AQ40 is similar, but less so. But they were all doing new things with each battle. I feel they are doing the same thing for teh BC end game instances, but i can't say for sure, cause i am no longer in a raiding guild.

that and the gear, very attainable, you just need to work for it. I raided naxx for maybe.... 3 months, and got 6/9 T3, as well as all but 1 of my other pieces of gear from there, the other was from AQ40. If you are in a good guild that doesn't screw around, then you can progress and get whatever gear you want. it is up to the players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom