World of Goo

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobojuice

WOOOOOOOO
OMFG, this game is so awesome.

I have to admit I did acquire it through no-traditional means, at first. I didn't really expect much out of it, but as i began to play it more and more it really hooked me. I was up until 3am last night playing this game even though i had to wake up at 7 this morning for work.

So far I've gotten OCD on all the levels in the first "world". I had a goo tower that measured about 30 metres, that I was taking my time to build up before it came crashing down. :(

SO FUN. Anyone else played it?

Oh and FYI it's only 5 bucks on steam right now so if you're interested I'd jump on it quickly.

i ended up buying two copies. one for me and one for someone else.

Steam said:
World of Goo is a multiple award winning physics based puzzle / construction game made entirely by two guys. Drag and drop living, squirming, talking, globs of goo to build structures, bridges, cannonballs, zeppelins, and giant tongues. The millions of Goo Balls that live in the beautiful World of Goo are curious to explore - but they don't know that they are in a game, or that they are extremely delicious.

Basically it's a puzzle game. You have to get your goo balls from one place to another (a pipe) by using the balls themselves to build structures to carry them across. The music is pretty cool, and the artwork is very Tim Burton-esque. All I can describe it as is very weird and very addictive.

You can find a bunch of videos and trailers on youtube and images on google images search.

Here's one of the levels. The red things are balloon goos and the black ones are regular goos. You have to build a bridge across a swamp with spikes above and below it using the balloons to support the bridge as you go across. The little arrow is pointing to where the pipe is.

sspreviewwg2.jpg

Well, I just checked steam and it's no longer $5.00. It was all this weekend and this morning. It's back up to 20 bucks. Still a great game, though.

I did the same as you bobo, originally aquired the game through certain means, but then just HAD to buy the game once I got into it. Still stuck on the third world (heh), but my friend completed it in a day :p

Im either in the 4th world, or at the very end of the 3rd, not really sure. Last night i had a bit of trouble getting the steam version to run with my old saved files .dat file. And once i got it up and running, i decided to go back to the first world and knock out all the OCDs, which i did. I did have to use youtube a few times to figure some of them out, but i got it done and some of them were still a bit tough to get through on OCD.

Funny thing is, i was playing COD and L4D and a few other games and now all i wanna play is this weird goo ball game. haha.

haha this game is fantastic!!!! I spent so many hours just messing with the tower alone lol
Heck it's the first game i've gotten my mom to sit down and play in like 5 or 10 years lol. She loved it too.

Beat this game the other night. The last few levels are REALLY difficult.

Still haven't been able to get past 30 metres on the tower though. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom