A word of warning ! [GTA Modding]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
I headed over to N4G.com and found an article about GTA4 modding has begun, read through it, read how i needed to install this magic.bat in the GTA4 folder, which you ran and it created a copy of all the editable files and edited the files.txt

Without doing that the game simply launches, checks all files are the same, and if any have changed it doesn't load. So i did this and then GTA4 would not boot, i checked it and everything seemed fine. It worked for everyone else so i must of done something wrong, anyway - my point is that because i went wrong, i had to delete my GTA4 folder and redownload and install 16gb of data again i'm in the process of doing it now.

So either, don't try untill a better solution is made or backup your original GTA4 folder !. Or just don't do it.

Thought it was worth me letting you all know.

Luckily all the videos i made have been saved in a video folder, and i had only spent about 15minutes on missions. So no biggy, just means i cant play for 20 hours or so, and i'll be sleeping for 13hours of that and going to the local skidome for the 6hours after that, so really - i lose very little ;)

I hate it when that happens.

Off topic a bit, but wow 16gb. Is it 2 disc for install, dual layer and compressed, or just one really compressed single layer disc?

I hate it when that happens.

Off topic a bit, but wow 16gb. Is it 2 disc for install, dual layer and compressed, or just one really compressed single layer disc?

Not sure, bought it off Steam. Just a digital download. But i would guess 2 DVD's.

2 disks.
and buggy as **** at the moment.
lots of ppl are experiencing graphics bugs (texture not showing up, horrible shadow, slow rendering, memory leaks, lots of minor issues specific to PC version)
even if you have a greatest PC set ups, you'll be lucky to see 30FPS or even just to play....
if anyone is thinking to buy this game, wait for after the first patch and see how that fixes most of the major problems.

Performance is looking just awful. I thought they'd have optimized this at least a little better. It's unplayable for most ppl it seems. Just rushed to get it out for christmas.

Its not as bad as people make out :rolleyes: It's not crashed all day, and an occasional slow down and two or three graphical glitch's..

The problem is that it was not made by Rockstar North like GTA4 for Consoles, it was made by devs with no experience of the GTA4 engine and natural motion, it was made a Rockstar Toronto in canada.

Its not as bad as people make out :rolleyes: It's not crashed all day, and an occasional slow down and two or three graphical glitch's..

The problem is that it was not made by Rockstar North like GTA4 for Consoles, it was made by devs with no experience of the GTA4 engine and natural motion, it was made a Rockstar Toronto in canada.

I think you are one of the lucky one who doesn't have much problems....
it's worse than farcry2 atm.
probably the worst PC port came out from rockstar.
they said that the patch is already in the hands of windows-live.
so we'll see the patch sometime really soon.
as you know if you are GTA fan, it's what you want to play.
but the technical and graphical bugs, and 20FPS prevent you from enjoying it fully.

I've had little to no problems... Granted I have it set at Medium quality, with the draw distance set to a lower value.. I get a constant 50-60fps. Haven't tried maxing it out yet. A few delayed texture loading, but that's about all I've seen so far wrong with it. Looks fantastic at Medium quality even, though.

I've had little to no problems... Granted I have it set at Medium quality, with the draw distance set to a lower value.. I get a constant 50-60fps. Haven't tried maxing it out yet. A few delayed texture loading, but that's about all I've seen so far wrong with it. Looks fantastic at Medium quality even, though.

same, except 20 to 30fps at slightly higher settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom