Windows 8 launch next year will start “a real new push into PC gaming” say Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fat.Clown

I don't overclock
Windows 8 launch next year will start “a real new push into PC gaming” say Microsoft | PC Gamer

Windows-8-gaming.jpg

In a speech in Tokyo, covered by Develop, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer has announced that Windows 8 will be launched for PCs, tablets and smartphones next year, and has been designed with gaming in mind. According to a Techradar source, “Windows 8 will represent a real new push into PC gaming. Gaming will be a key component for the whole OS.”

Microsoft appear to have abandoned PC gaming in recent years. Even Sony had a stronger PC line-up than the software giant at last year's E3. Things have shifted recently, however, with the announcement of a PC version of Fable 3, a revamped Games for Windows Marketplace, and recent work on the upcoming Age of Empires Online. If Microsoft are serious about returning to PC gaming, E3 2011 could represent quite a turnaround from last year's conference. We'll know for sure in LA in just a few weeks time.

-----------------separating dash line------------
FC: all your games are belong to us.

Doesn't Microsoft say this every time? I mean, not many nongamers ever upgrade their OS. They get a new one whenever they get a new computer.

I'm not very confident about the cloud computing aspect of Windows 8. While I will buy a drive to install Windows 8 on when it's released, I don't see myself using it that often. I've eagerly awaited every updated version of Windows since version 3.0 and I'm just not excited about Windows 8.

You could do that 10 years ago. The cloud is just a gimmick, that I pray dies, especially with more and more carriers moving to bandwidth caps.

I just like the fact that with services like Onlive I can play Dirt 2 and such on my netbook, and that to access my homework from my netbook I just log into my e-mail and its all right there on a portable drive. I hope that services like OnLive make it as it gives you another option. I don't believe it will kill regular gaming and such, but it offers something to people who couldn't normally run games on their PC's or any other type of computer at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom