Will you be getting FC4? (Far Cry 4)

There is still a reason to keep upping your hardware though. Resolution and framerate. Just cause Ubi caps some of there games, doesn't mean every game you buy is going to be like this. Infact, anything on the rift will not. I watched a presentation from last year on the rift. In order for a smooth, no lag, no motion sickness experience, you need 90 FPS. And you also need to render the image twice, once for each eye, so your resolution computing needs is essentially doubled. The first occulus will likely be 1440p, but they want to keep upping it down the road to eventually be 8 and 12k. It won't really matter that devs are being stingy in a few years because their games will bring your rig to its knees anyway.
No game right now really brings my rig to it's knees and I'm not running anything special compared to what's out. The games I play I can sustain 80+ FPS so that's fine by me. I'm also not personally interested in the Rift. It's a super cool piece of tech, but that's that to me. Then again, I'm not real sure what your point is here. I mean I kinda get it, sure everybody should up their rig for increased frames and resolution, but I don't want to update my rig for the same reason you don't want to update yours. The original response stemmed from console talk.

No game right now really brings my rig to it's knees and I'm not running anything special compared to what's out. The games I play I can sustain 80+ FPS so that's fine by me. I'm also not personally interested in the Rift. It's a super cool piece of tech, but that's that to me. Then again, I'm not real sure what your point is here. I mean I kinda get it, sure everybody should up their rig for increased frames and resolution, but I don't want to update my rig for the same reason you don't want to update yours. The original response stemmed from console talk.

I was saying it doesn't matter that games are being held back graphically that much by consoles because this gives PC's a chance to get up to higher resolution and VR without having to trade off other graphics settings.

I hate it that games are being held back.
Feels like I wasted*** money and time upgrading my machine and getting the ps4.

Last edited:
Regardless of the reasoning, you don't really want any kind of hold back. In this case, Ubisoft purposely making PC games watered down to make the consoles look better.

Regardless of the reasoning, you don't really want any kind of hold back. In this case, Ubisoft purposely making PC games watered down to make the consoles look better.

I don't think they will keep doing this forever. They just need people to think that these consoles are powerful, so that people will buy them and buy games on them. They don't want as little people as possible to know that they are already dated hardware.

With the power of social media and the internet, most already know. They just don't care.

People who aren't tech savy don't know. Trust me, I know enough of them. At best they might think custom built PC's are some mystical machines that can produce graphics from the far future that they can't imagine, or they might think that PC's can't possibly have graphics as good as consoles. They have no idiea whatsoever that the current consoles are dated. They are clueless.

I said most, not all. It doesn't matter anyways, as Ubi**** is the only developer seriously and obviously hampering the PC side of their games. Even if other devs are doing it, they either aren't open about it or it isn't blatantly obvious.

FWIW AC Unity is one of the best looking PC games I have ever played. It's buggy and prone to stuttering, but I have managed to get my game looking great and 90% stutter free by turning off SLI and changing some ingame settings and in Nvidia control panel. It's just as buggy on consoles, I do not think the PC version is deliberately toned down. I am fully aware of Ubisofts bad reputation, and for the most part I agree. But I use my own findings on a game by game basis, and to me Unity is a better PC port than most games. It detects my DS4 as soon as I plug it in (a little message pops up) without me having to restart the game, I don't have any other games that do this. It also has full support for 21:9 and multimonitor, again, very few games have this. And the lighting engine in this game is just phenomenal at times. If they could fix the graphical bugs and performance that plagues all platforms, it would be even better.

I will definitely be playing FC4. Loved FC2 and FC3. Not sure what I think of the location on this one, looks like there will be a lack of wide open places and instead replaced with a lot of verticality. I'll wait and see though.

Last edited:
FWIW AC Unity is one of the best looking PC games I have ever played. It's buggy and prone to stuttering, but I have managed to get my game looking great and 90% stutter free by turning off SLI and changing some ingame settings and in Nvidia control panel. It's just as buggy on consoles, I do not think the PC version is deliberately toned down. I am fully aware of Ubisofts bad reputation, and for the most part I agree. But I use my own findings on a game by game basis, and to me Unity is a better PC port than most games. It detects my DS4 as soon as I plug it in (a little message pops up) without me having to restart the game, I don't have any other games that do this. It also has full support for 21:9 and multimonitor, again, very few games have this. And the lighting engine in this game is just phenomenal at times. If they could fix the graphical bugs and performance that plagues all platforms, it would be even better.

I will definitely be playing FC4. Loved FC2 and FC3. Not sure what I think of the location on this one, looks like there will be a lack of wide open places and instead replaced with a lot of verticality. I'll wait and see though.

I totally agree with you.
I tried it out for myself last night and I was able to max everything out and get around 40-50 fps. It was smooth and man I was loving the graphics. I'm usually not easily impressed however I loved Unity, the lighting was really good too and the exact same thing happened with my controller, it recognized it right away while I was in the menu which is rare.

Back
Top Bottom