Will you be getting FC4? (Far Cry 4)

Blizzarious

Solid State Member
So, I've been debating to myself recently if I should get Far Cry 4 once it's released. I loved Far Cry 3, it was an awesome game but I've been hearing some terrible fact's about Ubisoft and how they are releasing the game to the PC community.

Sony and Microsoft paid Ubisoft to cap the game at 30FPS for the PC gaming community. Which is absolutely ridiculous because if it comes down to that there can be so much more that is being capped. This is somewhat a rumor but I haven't found any confirmation anywhere of this. Does anybody know?

Links:

1. Ubisoft: Microsoft and Sony demand PC games to be locked at 30fps | KitGuru
  2. Far Cry 4 creative director confirms 1080p, 30 FPS on PS4 | games.on.net
What's your take on this whole matter? Will you be getting Far Cry 4?

I just bought a 970 so I picked FarCry.
I don't get why they want to cap it?
I thought the next gen consoles could handle more than 30 compares to the ps3 and 360?

Unity is confirmed capped at 30fps and I would expect FC4 to be as well. I wouldn't doubt that there will be an unlock for it within a day of release. The question here is, will an unlock break any game elements. Will I be getting it? No, I don't pay for Ubi**** games anymore and haven't since AC2.

I'm pretty loyal to the FC series espically because they're one of the only series of games that I can think of that actually got better in their sequels. You better believe i'm getting FC4. Now its just a question of whether or not i'll get it for PC or Xbox One!

FC1 to FC2 was a serious downgrade in playability and story. The only thing good about that game was the graphics that demanded unnecessarily high system requirements for something that didn't look as good as Crysis IMO.

Speaking on my previous rant, I just watched the AC Unity Nvidia promotion that I missed from work. I'm getting real tired of them advertising TXAA so much. It looks pretty **** compared to SSAA and SMAA. Any kind of post AA looks absolutely terrible.

That really sucks

I remember how Madden stopped making pc games, really bummed me out.
IS Ubisoft broke...or don't have enough milllions cashed in already

I had planned on getting it- BUT with other options out there - not sold yet.

I had planned on getting it- BUT with other options out there - not sold yet.

I got it for free so no complaints.
I could've picked AC however I wanna play that on the ps4 since my cousin has it too and we can play co-op missions I think

Back
Top Bottom