Will this run Quake 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be fine, the requirements for Q4 from ID software :

Minimum System Requirements
P4 1.5GHz CPU (or equivalent).
384MB of RAM.
64MB graphics card.

Lowest supported GPU is a GeForce 4 MX (worse than GeForce 3).
Supported cards:
GF 4 MX.
GF 3.
GF 4.
GF FX (and higher).
Radeon 8500s, 9000s and higher.

Recommended System Requirements
2Ghz CPU.
512MB RAM.
Radeon 9800 or GeForce FX 5950U.
5-channel sound card and speakers or headphones.

Fallen Angel said:
Should be fine, the requirements for Q4 from ID software :

Minimum System Requirements
P4 1.5GHz CPU (or equivalent).
384MB of RAM.
64MB graphics card.

Lowest supported GPU is a GeForce 4 MX (worse than GeForce 3).
Supported cards:
GF 4 MX.
GF 3.
GF 4.
GF FX (and higher).
Radeon 8500s, 9000s and higher.

this is the same as the minimum system requirements for doom3, from where did u get it ???

and yea geforce 3 is better than 4 MX, and i heard that geforce3 ti 500 is better than geforce fx 5200.

Quake 4 should be a shade more demanding than Doom 3/RoE. In particular, the exterior battle scenes will most likely be a noted benchmarking area.

I got those through a link from ID software to the official quake 4 website. They said the same thing, same specs as doom3, they also said they may opt to use the "recommended sys req's" as minimal though. I guess you will find out later this month when it's released.

I think Quake 4 is supposed to have more outdoor maps, as in DOOM3 it was pretty much all indoors. Atleast that's how I understand it. Quake 4 will require a little more from your graphics.

Quake 4 is also alot different from Doom 3. I'd rather compare it to UT2004. Though weapons may relate closer to doom III, doom III gameplay is kinda slugish, Q4 and UT are more running and gunning faster play. Even like a CS source minus the rushing, leaping, no scopes .50cal snipers lol

For a final note, the Quake 4 Graphics engine is alot different then counter strike source, and doom3. The process in which the graphics are rendered is different. But yes the pc willl run quake4 with no suspected problems.

Phil

Hey anyone get any sneak leeks of Ut2007, do they even have clips out yet? Their unreal engine site is amazing. In 2 years that will give whatver version of source is out a run for its money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom