Will my laptop run BF3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Everything to Nothing
After being a BF2 addict for quite some time I got out of PC gaming and got a laptop but still have my old pc knocking around somewhere. I'm hoping my laptop will be able to hand BF3, what do you guys think?

Specs are: Core i5 2.56Ghz
4GB DDR3
HD Radeon 5470 1GB
640GB HDD

Cheers :)

You'll be able to play it but not at any great settings (low-medium I reckon).

I agree with Yami, You should be able to run it but you may wish for better performance. I'm in the same boat with my desktop so I am planning my upgrade for fall time.

You know, i'm not sure there is a single laptop in existence that will run BF3 at maximum settings. Heck, probably only 1% of PC's can run it at max too.

But like the others said, low to medium you should be okay.

You know, i'm not sure there is a single laptop in existence that will run BF3 at maximum settings. Heck, probably only 1% of PC's can run it at max too.

But like the others said, low to medium you should be okay.

That's my thought. I'm waiting for it to launch so I can determine what upgrades will be necessary to play it well.

I am hoping EA doesn't screw the gaming community over with sky-high final specs for BF3. While I understand that it will take some muscle for full eye candy, they need to put in the effort to streamline the code enough so that people can play it on non-monstrous computers, too.

I am hoping EA doesn't screw the gaming community over with sky-high final specs for BF3. While I understand that it will take some muscle for full eye candy, they need to put in the effort to streamline the code enough so that people can play it on non-monstrous computers, too.

That's what patches are for :p. I mean, who needs to streamline code nowadays... ;).

I'm no big BF3 fan but the last spec's I saw said it would run the high settings with a i5 750 and a GTX 465

Wait until the PlayStation Vita comes out later this year early next year (Take it where ever you want). It will have Battlefield 3 on it. Till then you should be playing it on PS3 when it comes out 10-28-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom