WIll I be able to run these games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eclipse7

In Runtime
My rig is in my sig. Im wondering if I should be able to run Left 4 Dead and fallout 3. Im not looking to put up the graphics very high, just as long as I can get a very smooth gameplay. (Btw Ive tried the website canyourunit, but it doesnt seem to work for me.)

I think you can...

I'm not sure how that pentium 4 or ddr ram will perform, but I would say so.

Left 4 dead should run full blast...its a source based game.

fallout should run well too, the 7950GT is still a decent card.

Cool, I wasnt expecting it to be able to run left 4 dead since im just over the minimum cpu requirements.

And while I have this thread, how is the versus multiplayer for left 4 dead? If its only 4v4 it seems like you could end up taking a lot of time trying to find enemies on the maps.

Well the gpu makes up for it.

Having a stonger gpu puts less of a load on the cpu. I ran cod4 on decent settings on an athlon xp 2800+ and x1650gt (much less power than a 7950GT) and it ran very well.

Rican was that your previous rig?

my previous rig was an athlon xp 2800+, acer 19" wide and 7300GT (first custom build, didnt really play any games besides cod2 and some of the old moh games).

I built this one, sold the 7300GT and left the system off in my closet. And later bought an x1650gt for folding, and got the system back up as a server. After they dropped support for the 1st gen client, i sold the whole system and built my server (E1200, dual 8800GT's) and it took its place as server/dedicated folder.

Before that rig, i was on a dell with a 633mhz celeron, 384mb ram and integrated video (did no gaming then, but i remember playing command & conquer, warcraft and diablo I & II).

P3 1ghz Dell with 512MB DDR ram and no video card. Used to max out Maple Story on my 13" crt monitor. But I do remember picking up a TNT2 to play GunZ with.

Gunbound was the shizzznit before all the hackers took over the game. So all I needed was a computer that could handle that. Before that I had a 800mhz Toshiba P2?P3? Laptop with like 256MB of ram which I used to play Gunbound on from sun set to sun rise. Its probably the only computer I truly miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom