Will it ever come out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give up on it children, the only way its comming out is if they sell it to another company who will actually finish it. Even then, being as this is supposed to be a game to push the graphical envelope, they would have to upgrade or port it to another engine because the graphics will be dated by the time it actually comes out. They should just sell it or cancel it, this game was originally supposed to come out in 2002 if I remember right.

Meh...I'm pretty sure they keep pushing it back in order to modify the engine for newer instruction sets, and if this game is a testiment to anything, I believe it will be the next breakthrough game in all aspects including gameplay, physics, graphics whatever

I heard it had been pushed to 2007 a few months ago I swear but oh well...HL2 was delayed well over a year and it's engine was still considered pinnacle of its time and it delivered in every way possible, I'm not going to hope on a date for stalker although I haven't after the last few delays almost a year ago...however I'm going to buy the game when it comes out and I'm sure it will be out at some point and will certainly be a game to remember

And yeah, it's not difficult to port or update an engine if source is any example of this with HDR

But how dramatic will HDR play in a game like STALKER? Isn't it very dark all the time outside? I just hope it doesn't get delayed any further but I've learned to not get my hopes up.

Well I was just using HDR as an example with the source engine and how easily they were able to effectively port it to an engine that predated that technology

And HDR doesn't have to apply to huge bright outdoor areas, it applies to all lighting including the dimmer shades and either way from screenshots I remember most of them were taken from outside in a city like enviroment

And yeah, like I said, it'll come out, but don't wait on the edge of your seat for it...when it's out, I'll buy it, I'm not gonna be following the daily developement of it though

Well i have more hopes for STALKER release rather than for Duke Nukem Forever (The final word of the name said it everything) - (Never)

When it does come out, if people say it's better than HL2, I'll have a look at it. I really hope it's not crap though, cos then there will be alot of ****ed people out there.

I've just about given up on Stalker. I was preapared to wait till the end of 2006 but early 2007 is taking the p**s. And that's even if it dosen't slip again, I reckon that this one of those games that's never going to come out like duke nukem forever. Mind you look at Prey that was thought to of been shelved years ago but it's been bought back and has a release date of Q2 2006. (hopefully, "touches wood")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom