Will all new PC games be releasing in 16:9 aspect ratio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonifide_C

Baseband Member
I am so happy to find out that Bad Company 2 support 1920 X 1080 aspect ratios.

Crysis look horrific because it doesn't support 16:9 ratios and I just threw that game in my closet, well not literally but you get the point.

Newegg and store like Best Buy and Fry Electronic only sell monitor in 16:9 aspect ratios from now on, well they sell 16:10 ratios but not in the 1900 X 1200 or was it 1920 X 1200 aspect ratios anymore. So here hoping that all new games will be releasing in 1920 X 1080 or 16:9 aspect ratios. Some games just don't support 16:9 yet and I'm still thinking of switching my old monitor which is 1680 X 1050 aspect ratios.

Do you guys know that from now on all PC game support this aspect ratios? I know that even though when you play Crysis it said it support it but it really doesn't. Even though games like Assassin Creed 1 and games like Burnout: paradise have 1080 under graphic options, I notice that when you turn it to 1080, the character model and environment graphic are not sharp, sort of like console gaming except not as bad. Actually I download the free trial of Warhammer 40K online and it look worst than World of Warcraft itself.

Do you guys know if 16:9 is the standard for PC gaming from now on? I really hope so or it going to be a big disappointment for me.

I'm kind of tire of having to play games on 1680 X 1050 because 1920 X 1080 look like crap.

Sorry my English need a bit tidying up.

I'm not against 16:10 at all, I just want all games from now on to support both ratios as well as 4:3 to anyone to have non wide-screen monitor.

Also I was extremely **** when Act of War: Direct Action didn't support wide screen, so as you can tell beside graphic card, monitor resolution makes a huge differences in how sharp and detail your games will look.

Yes.......they should all support 16:9 ratio

I completed Crysis at 1920 x 1080 which is a 16:9 ratio....no problem at all.

Whirlwind is right... Crysis does do 16:9. Pretty much any game made in the last five or six years does as standard. The only 'old' game I have which doesn't do 16:9 is Deus Ex: Invisible War, except that it does with a patch.

What are your PC's specs? Could help explain why Crysis doesn't run right for you.

Whirlwind is right... Crysis does do 16:9. Pretty much any game made in the last five or six years does as standard. The only 'old' game I have which doesn't do 16:9 is Deus Ex: Invisible War, except that it does with a patch.

What are your PC's specs? Could help explain why Crysis doesn't run right for you.

Wow weird, I swear Crysis didn't look sharp even though I was playing everything on Max. I'll put my PC spec in my signature when I get back home.

I bought Dragon age and it look perfect on 16:9 aspect ratios and I think Crysis came out before PC had 16:9 aspect.

Also according to system requirement lab, I meet all of Crysis recommend requirement and then some more.

Crysis came out in 2008. And as said before, it definitely does 16:9 :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom