will this..

Status
Not open for further replies.
doubting will get you no where.

You really have no idea what you are talking about do you?

Storage is not the same as memory.

Storage is all things that you permanently storage data, like hard drives, cd, flash cards etc

memory is temporary storage used by programs on the fly. Another name for that is RAM

You don't have 60 gigs of ram. How do I know? No motherboard you could have supports that, unless you have a server board. And even then, 60 gigabytes of ram would cost over $1000.

You don't have 5 gigs of ram because they package it in even numbers. 2 gigs, 4 gigs, 8 gigs. or if you use a core i7 rig, 3 gigs, 6 gigs, or 12 gigs. But not 5.

i didnt mean RAM but i think i do have like 5

I think you mean 512mb. Which would be right for a stock d600 but you could of had a upgrade to get to 768.

Dell Latitude D600 Notebook Computer for Business specs and Laptop specifications - CNET Reviews
Processor: Intel Pentium M (1.80 GHz) ; RAM installed: 512 MB DDR SDRAM ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 AGP 4x 32mb.

Doesn't sound like you could run it since the requirements are

Minimum:

Supported OS: Microsoft Windows XP / Vista / Vista64
Processor: Pentium 4 3.0GHz
Memory: 1 GB
Graphics: 128 MB, Shader model 2.0, ATI 9600, NVidia 6600 or better
Hard Drive: At least 7.5 GB of free space
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

Recommended:

Supported OS: Microsoft Windows XP / Vista / Vista64
Processor: Intel core 2 duo 2.4GHz
Memory: 1 GB
Graphics: Shader model 3.0, NVidia 7600, ATI X1600 or better

I think there was a demo though. So you could just try downloading that and see if it will run at all.

A Pentium M is faster clock for clock than a P4, so if he upgrades to 1 gig then he should be good to go.

His video card is still well below the minimum, and I kinda doubt the Pentium M at 1.8GHz would compare to a Pentium 4 at 3.0GHz. I could be wrong, but a whole 1.2GHz difference for a single core seems like a lot.

I'm guessing this gaming laptop was purchase a few years ago? Nothing within the last 2 years has come with under 1GB of RAM, and most today will come with 2 or 3GB of RAM (yes many newer laptops and desktops have 3GB memory, like my Toshiba for example).

I highly doubt, with reasonable experience, that his laptop will run left 4 dead in any semblance of playable.
My little brother has a Dell Inpiron 1505 with a 1.66-GHz Core Duo T2300, 1GB of RAM and an ATI X1400. That game is CPU intensive, and I wouldn't play it with anything below that T2300..which requires through the floor graphic settings.

I highly doubt, with reasonable experience, that his laptop will run left 4 dead in any semblance of playable.
My little brother has a Dell Inpiron 1505 with a 1.66-GHz Core Duo T2300, 1GB of RAM and an ATI X1400. That game is CPU intensive, and I wouldn't play it with anything below that T2300..which requires through the floor graphic settings.

Yeah my ThinkpadT60 is 2 Ghz, has 2 Gb of ram, with an x1400 and I wouldn't want to play L4d on anything less than even mine.

Ah sorry guys, I thought he wanted to play WoW, not L4D. Yeah that system would struggle with L4D at best.

Also, he has a latitude, that's a business laptop, not a gaming laptop. And the 9000 was the lowend 9 series card.

hmm, but L4d is based on the source engine.

but still that laptop has low end specs. i dont think it will run smoothly.

but then again my old pos pentium d and 8500GT would max out half life 2 at 1680x1050 and easily get 60fps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom