Why is steam slowing down my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

dashogun

(>-_-)>
After I started downloading Counter Strike Source, my computer all of a sudden becomes super slow. My screen would freeze up and I would have to reboot to get my computer working again. When it reboots everything is fine until i reopen steam.

I don't think my computer should have any problems running it. Have any of you experienced this?

I have done that. I installed it on the D:/Program Files directory. I also did a quick format of the D drive. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. I'll try installing it on C:/Program Files

"I don't think my computer should have any problems running it."

understatement of the century.

I'd wager that having a 2.66 ghz processor at 3.5 would mess up some software installs.

I don't think it's a CPU and RAM reliability issue as my system runs stability tests very well.

It seems that it's hard drive related as I'm experiencing errors when copy/pasting files into my D: partition. Problem also occurred with other games installed on the D: but not on C. I quick formatted the partition it during my install, and would not recommend quick formats on any hard drive.

"I don't think it's a CPU and RAM reliability issue as my system runs stability tests very well."

only 1 way to find out, remove the OC and try again, or perhaps that whole partition is messed up, saw your other post with FEAR giving you a BSOD which again I'd wager is due to your OC, considering there are benches of your video card running it at 2560x1600 res.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom