Why is GTA San Andreas so darn slow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
I have a laptop. Dual core AMD 1.9ghz I believe and I JUST put in a 2gb stick of RAM. My video card has 128mb dedicated and quite a bit to share. I believe the minimum requirements for GTA SA was 64mb on the graphics card.. yet I have 128 dedicated + some shared... Running Vista Home Premium. According to the meters, I'm only using 30% Ram with Vista + GTA SA running. Yet it's choppy to simply move around...

And imagine that, at the pause menu it froze on me. Sweet.

Anyway, why's it so **** slow? What else can I look for?

Ya I uninstalled it on my system because I'm having lag issues with it, which freaked me out... because the requirements were 1.0ghz CPU and Radeon 8500 and I was like OMFG wtf is with the slowness

Are you running Vista? I have no idea why mine is acting so weird. I had the same issues when I had 1gb in and I figured oh cause Vista is taking up a good chunk + the game is a decent sized game maybe that's it.

2gb came today. Plugged it in. Powered it up. Started GTA. Laaaaaag.

While the system requirements may say that only a Radeon 8500 is required, this game requires a lot more than that to play at high settings. I remember when I had a 6600GT, I had to turn down some of the settings in order for the game to run at a playable level at 1680x1050. My guess is that your video card is the bottleneck.

While the system requirements may say that only a Radeon 8500 is required, this game requires a lot more than that to play at high settings. I remember when I had a 6600GT, I had to turn down some of the settings in order for the game to run at a playable level at 1680x1050. My guess is that your video card is the bottleneck.

i was playing it on low settings... @ 640x480 resolution.. I don't think my computer would struggle that badly..

On a laptop? Been kind of out of the hardware scene for a while... so I'm unsure if E6600 is a laptop model or what...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom