Not open for further replies.

r3faat

Beta member
Window Xp Pro
1.5gb ram
Radeon 9250 256mb pci video card
Intel P4 2.6 ghz
Cable Internet (Preety fast)

I play a game called Flyff(online game). It works fine but except on places where there is a lot ppl near me. such as server 1 town.
just last week i upgraded my ram from 512mb to 1.5gb.
and yet havent seen even little bit improvement on that lag.
also when im on game it seems as if i have 1gb of ram free when i check it on task manager.
what do u think is the problem here ? 1gb ram free(on the place i lag) and yet i lag badly.
who do i have so much free ram and lag. is it my cpu ? video card ? (i dont think)

any suggestion for this problem is appreciated.
i heard page file helps little bit so i set my page file to 3gbmin/3gbmax.

if Computer Technology Forum > Gaming > PC Gaming wasent the right place to ask this question, please tell me the right directory.
Thank you~

Could be a few different things.

Server. The server could be choking, trying to send all the data for all the different people around you.

GFX card. 9250s are showing a bit of age. Your card may be bottlenecking you when the graphics get too intense.

CPU. If the game is more CPU intensive, your CPU may be slowing you down. A socket 478 2.6 P4 ain't a powerhouse by no measure. My old eMachine has a 2000+ AMD in it, which is equal to a 2.0 or better... and it is slowwwwwww.

Your RAM seems to be handling it fine, though. So there is some good news, right?

your card is PCI, therefore, increasing ram will not increase performance of your graphics.
like Trotter said, your card is "showing a bit of age"
I'd upgrade that ASAP, as it will give you the best performance increase.

Also, i don't know your internet connect (assuming its cable/dsl) but you very well could be getting a slow internet connection. Nothing much you can do about that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom