Why Crysis Is Going To Set Me Back £700....

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK. Don't feel bad fellas.

3.0 Ghz P4 processor... 2 GB of RAM... 6800XT GRAPHICS CARD.... i do have vista though.

its ok guys, dont worry. I would put the disc in my computer, and i'd get an error message like:

Haha, you actually expect this piece of crap to run this game? Better luck next time.

I'm serious - just be happy you have what you have.

:laughing:

Johny... Yes X1950Pro is ATI's fastest processor, only the XT and XTX infront of it... I still dont think its good enough for above Low settings, my current rig does play every game at highest settings, (Yes thats fear at 1024x768) 6xAA (or 4) 16xAF with max settings... people say theres no way my system should run this, but what do i care it does !, Albeit touch and go 30ish Frame per second :)... But lets face it, FEAR compared to crysis is like comparing Pac-Man to Farcry :p.

as for my E6300... well thats about the speed of an X2 4200, not bad i suppose. But i cant increase this, No O/C allowed on my Mob. Stupid Gigabyte :(.

Precisely !. Wow you feel my pain, Spot on dude !. And you also got to remember in some of these videos there playing with 8800GTX, o and i saw lag ?, im afraid i did !.

Problem is, you can earn money, its a whole lot harder at 14 ¬¬.

I can relate to you man, I am 17. My parents wont let me get a job except in the summer, and although I get $200 a week in the summer, I am broke most of the winter and spring months.

That sucks, a lot. Owell crysis will be coming out in the summer.

Its easter here soon, i shall get my easter eggs, and flog them on ebay as something special :).

Nah chocolate owns :). (Albeit the 9 stone i have to carry around with me doesnt :p.)

Im really not sure. Maybe i should just focus on one thing. maybe an 8800GTS... thats reachable. Although the X2900XT or X2900Pro (If there are ones) will probably be a better idea for me... If not how much do you reckon i could grab an 8800GTS for by august ?, there £185 here at the moment for the cheepest one.

Maybe instead of investing in a £200 processor, i could invest £50 in a motherboard that will let me Overclock my E6300 to maybe 2.3-2.4 Ghz ??... But that'll have to be on stock cooling, It might be possible, i'll have to see. I have 667Mhz ram, that'll let me overclock it a little.

meh..

My old 6800GT/athlon 64 3200 could run Crysis fine.

You people are going [snipped] for nothing.

Fine at 640x480 with no AA, AF, Ultra Ultra Ultra Low Settings and a draw ditsnace of 0.25 Meters, Have Fun :).

Apparently you missed the memo from the DEVELOPER which states that 7800/x1800 can run crysis on high save for DX10 featuresets

Sorry to tell ya guys, but even the game developers promise that it will bring any computer to its knees, and if it does, they'll patch and it wont anymore. They have it setup where it will be continually more detailed as machines that can almost handle it come along.

EDIT- And im not sure if i said that right the way i meant it, and i dont remember the source where i got it from, i cant find it but i know i read something like that. High settings probable, MAX, not for a while.

Whatever, this is just another Unreal 3 needs SLI 1337 GTXTQZSFG Ultra cards to run at 2 frames per second. I'm not wasting my time trying to convince people that a game isn't designed to anally rape hardware nor does it have to do so to look or play good. You all better have plenty of lube

You people just don't get it. You don't need expensive hardware to run games. My 6800GT was able to run pretty much every game on high with no problems.

OMG what's that? still playing games on a 6800GT?!?!?

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean for christs sake, unless you're on integrated graphics, you'll be able to play crysis FINE!

imagine that....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom