Who here thinks they are a good BF2 player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
whoever said practice hit the nail right on the head.

I got 2142 about a month ago, this was the first ever battlefield i played on so as you can imagine i found it VERY VERY hard, i almost thought to myself that id never get into the game because people were so good and kept killing me every time i landed/spawned on the ground, but now im literally miles better, infact im Captain silver and i normally finish either 1st 2nd or 3rd in a 10-15 side team, and now i actually know how to play and can kill better im enjoy the game so much more and its fun.
I do sometimes get annoyed where it appears im hitting someone yet there not dying, at which point i use my machine gun rockets to take them out! haha

I am happy to finally be able to play BF2 once again.... My gaming rig was having SERIOUS problems before, and I tried to update BF2, and the patch did something funny, and it never worked right after that. I even completely un-installed it, and installed fresh copy, and tried to patch again, and it just wound't work, so I haven't played in the longest time....

The past few nights, I have been staying up till about 4am, except last night, I was only up till 2... lol...

My fav kits are sniper & medic... I can't kill squat with the sniper. The sad truth is that I am MORE accurate with the L85 zoomed and on single burst than I am with the sniper rifle, although I can't see quite as far....

I would LOVE to play on the server with you guys... My nick is Ethereal_Drag0n
Drag[zero]n.... I can't remember if there is an underscore or not... I THINK there is. I will have to get a sig image created for BF2.

EDIT:Also, I am FINALLY using the Logitec Joystick I got for christmas last year -2005- (to use for BF2) but haven't till this weekend.... I have gotten MUCH better with the helicoptors now, and I can EVEN fly the jet finally... lol

Another thing to remember is that BF2 is a TEAM game. When I first start playing, I usually go psycho, and run straight to the enemy, and get owned a bunch, then I hang back, form a squad, and be more careful, and thats when the kills rack up, and the team points. Another good thing about squads is that it makes the commanders job easier, because then he can assign different tasks to different squads. I usually play better if I have a goal to focus on, like attacking a target or defending a target, rather than randomly run around looking for kills.../EDIT

Ethereal_Dragon said:

My fav kits are sniper & medic... I can't kill squat with the sniper. The sad truth is that I am MORE accurate with the L85 zoomed and on single burst than I am with the sniper rifle, although I can't see quite as far....

/EDIT

Same as me :) I've also been having problems with the game jerking and crashing out since the recent patches. I don't know what it is, hardware is stress tested stable, OS has been reinstalled, latest GFX driver etc.. Stupid game.

that stinks... My install is only days old (complete G-Disk wipe of the HDD), and no issues (yet).... I am only using Catalist 6.10 drivers though so that I can run Folding @ Home on my GPU....

Have you verified that the flux capacitor is correctly calibrated?

Ok, but really... what kind of temps are you getting during the crashes?

GPU 70c CPU about 56c

I've use ATI tool and prime95 at these temps for hours with no errors though.

I have changed the graphics settings and it seems stable now, had to set everything to medium though.

Optimal settings for BF2 (not for eye-candy, but to see the other guy):

• Terrain: Medium
  • Effects: Low
  • Geometry: High
  • Texture: High
  • Lighting: Low
  • Dynamic Shadows: Medium
  • Dynamic Light: Medium
  • Antialiasing: Off
  • Texture Filtering: High
  • View Distance Scale: 100%

first off, when u hit someone, u get a diagonal 'x' in your cross hairs. I also think your gun is not only more accurate but more powerful when you use the sights (maybe just cuz u get more torso shots w/ sights)... i almost never shoot w/o the sights cuz u end up just shooting them in the foot or not at all.
All this has already been said and is known. I'm talking specifically about when I see the "X" flashing repeatedly on my screen and the bass turds just dont die.

Trotter said:

I might have to try this if it'll help me see the other players. I've gotten better at being able to spot them though. When I first started and I was flying with Havoc he'd be screaming "SHOOT HIM, HE'S RIGHT THERE!" and I couldn't ever see crap lol.

Trotter said:

Yeah this causes crashes for me. might run fine for an hour or so then I'll get intermittant jerkiness and sometimes (esp. when there an explosion near me) the game just quits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom