Who here thinks they are a good BF2 player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the support LMGs...

Use short burst, almost single shots for accuracy. Develop a light touch for doing it, as it isn't an in-game option. My Diamondback is perfect for it.

Shoot from the prone position if at all possible. Less recoil.

Headshots are great when you have time to aim. Aim for the upper body/neck when you have time to aim.

Use your sights when you can... they really make a difference with the LMGs.

Practice, practice, practice. I can almost snipe with the PKM, and am getting close with the SAW. I haven't unlocked the other one yet... just got into support a little before last rank, and chose the Jackhammer as my other weapon.

Disillusion said:
YES!!! Exactly! I can't stand it! My friends insist on playing it every time we get in a group and play online. After awhile I just get sick of not being able to shoot anyone at all and everyone else killing me in a few shots. I don't know if they are cheating or they just know something that I don't. I'd rather play F.E.A.R. online where I actually CAN kill people and do a pretty decent job.

always look down your sights, aim for the head, burst or single fire depending on range.
Also some of the guns are just plain better then others and some of them are very specific in how you must use them to be effective. You need to plan your tactics and approach on what weapon you have so you can get the right range and fire mode.

Takes getting used to but its worth is because there is so much to the game

always look down your sights, aim for the head, burst or single fire depending on range.
I do all that, same outcome.......it's even better when the person goes prone and their character is still flying through the air and they hit me.

Nubius said:
I do all that, same outcome.......it's even better when the person goes prone and their character is still flying through the air and they hit me.
I just wonder how the people still manage to kill me so easily when I am running and jumping as fast as I can. They must play BF2 non stop or something.

Thanks for the tips guys. I picked up Special Forces expansion tonight so I'm gonna give it a try.

It's an animation sequence... you look the same way when you go prone. The key it to target and fire while hitting Z.

I just wonder how the people still manage to kill me so easily when I am running and jumping as fast as I can.

Stinkin' bunny hopper! You'll burn in the hottest fires of... uh, sorry. Those of us who despise bunny hopping have learned to track 'em and kill 'em. 'Nuff said.

They must play BF2 non stop or something.

I'm lucky to get in a few rounds now and then. i got in plenty over the holidays, though.

Disillusion said:
Give me some advice or something. I personally think BF2 is the most unrealistic shooting game ever. It's SO hard to shoot anyone in this game. If I'm support and I have the big awesome gun, I can shoot at a person maybe 50-100 feet away and it just shoots all around them. In the mean time, I'm getting shot by people at 300-400 feet away with fully autos and they are killing me in only a few shots. HOW?

There's not even a point in having automatic weapons in this game because you have to shoot in bursts to kill anyone anyway. If you shoot fully auto it misses them unless they are right in your face.

have you ever fired a real weapon? IF you were to actually take a SAW or any other rapid fire lmg you cant go into a firefight just blazing away. all you will be shooting at is the birds in the sky. :) Like trotter said. find good cover and take the time to go prone look down the sites and fire in burst of 2 to 3 rounds. Start at the waist and by the time you let off the recoil should have brought the gun up to the upper chest.

I never got the hang of the LMGs, I'm more of a medic/sniper/engineer.

The L85 is actually a good weapon, unlike irl

It's an animation sequence... you look the same way when you go prone. The key it to target and fire while hitting Z.
I know it's an animation sequence, but it's still a bumpy ride while going into prone.

Yesterday I was right behind a guy who didn't see me, I proned and started firing into the back of his head. He practically took the entire clip from 5 feet away before he finally died. Ridiculous nonsense.

Nubius said:
I know it's an animation sequence, but it's still a bumpy ride while going into prone.

Yesterday I was right behind a guy who didn't see me, I proned and started firing into the back of his head. He practically took the entire clip from 5 feet away before he finally died. Ridiculous nonsense.
That does happen sometimes, but I think it might be lag.

first off, when u hit someone, u get a diagonal 'x' in your cross hairs. I also think your gun is not only more accurate but more powerful when you use the sights (maybe just cuz u get more torso shots w/ sights)... i almost never shoot w/o the sights cuz u end up just shooting them in the foot or not at all.

*STRATEGY IS THE NAME OF THE GAME*
every class has a specific purpose. If you are trying to get guys from 150'+ w/ the support gun, u'r just not using it right. i usually get in an area where i cant get flanked and enemies come around corners or run out into the open alot. go prone and wait while your squad setsup for an assault or something. all u gotta do is mow em down at that point. never go out in the open w/o sniper cover or assault/medic/spc forces running with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom