When ALT TAB'ing a game it will not come back up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad711

Daemon Poster
For some reason when I ALT TAB from a game to lower it for what ever purpose when I try to bring the game back up it will not. I have to task manager quit the game in order to close it so I can start the game back up. Any ideas?

Is this one game or all? I know certain games I have played don't seem to want to minimize properly.

Well so far it's two that I know of. It happens with UT3 and now X-Men origins: Wolverine (which is a pretty fun hack and slash game btw)

I guess it might just be these games then? Sucks!

You sure that you might not be bumping a button on your mouse. I got the logitech wave cordless keyboard and mouse. However there is a descrete ALT-TAB function on this mouse. And I am constantly bumping in during games. It annoys me alot.

No I am ALT Tabbing on purpose to lower the game so I can do something else. It's when I try to ALT TAB it again to bring it back up that it doesn't work.

UT3 does not come back for me either, just checked. I would assume it is a bug in the game...

Whats worse is when a game takes forever to come back from alt-tab, which is pretty much all the steam games. My computer is powerful enough to start up TF2 and be in a server in less then 30 seconds, but apparently it takes a whole minute to come back from an accidental alt-tab :p

All games, including Steam, take a max of 5 seconds for me to come back from an Alt-Tab. Might be your video drivers.

I have ATI, Gabb has NVIDIA. Doubt it would be video drivers based upon that. Some of the games come up just fine for me too. Baez do you have TF2 or UT3? Do those come up for you just fine?

Yes everything comes up almost instantly for me including TF2 and UT3. TF2 takes maybe 5 seconds and UT3 less than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom