Whats the most popular RTS multiplayer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiDrIoT69

In Runtime
Ive been itching for an awesome RTS to play online, but almost all of them have so little servers. Warcraft 3 TFT has gone to ****, only DOTA's on them.

Any good RTS with a big multiplayer community?

Just the blizz ones, Warcraft 3 TFT isn't just DOTA, havent you tried playing ladder?

Theres also AOE3, but I would _NOT_ reccomend playing that.

Ummm, Aoe2 and its expo have a huge community but mainly hardcore players, when I mean huge community, I mean dedicated fan base of about 2000 :p

Warhammer 3k and w/e I haven't played yet.

Warhammer 40k is pretty popular, and a great game. If I find it, I will install it, because it kicked major ***.

Try Dawn of War, Warhammer 40k, and Total Annihilation; Total Annihilation is a great classic, probably no multiplayer but there is a big fan base.

Star Trek Armada 2 may not be popular, but ohhh is it good. And I pwn at it. :p

As for the best RTS, I would have to say StarCraft, that game was Uber.

I have star wars empire at war and feel let down by it, the ground assualts consist of an attacking force and a defending base, no real building or the such, the bases spit out new units on a timed bases independant of resources, and you have no option of how you construct and position your structures. hero's are like free overpowered units, when killed they simply respawn on the galactic map a little later with no resource cost or penalty.
The space battles are so back and forth that it can extend the game into bordom, not very good for miltiplayer, the campaign mode is entertaining for a while.

Ste said:
Star Trek Armada 2 may not be popular, but ohhh is it good. And I pwn at it. :p

As for the best RTS, I would have to say StarCraft, that game was Uber.

I have both Armadas (trekkie here)...i didnt like armada 2 that much. The ships just sit there and shoot...the devs should have made it so that the ships would fly around and engage each other instead of simply sitting there and taking it. It was a decent game, but i would never call it great.

and yes, Starcraft is the best game ever :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom