Whats the most popular MMO besides WoW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, for the update of my quest for finding WoW alternative. ive tried many MMORPG that has free trial period. ive decided to go w/ everquest 2. interface is almost same as wow. so as the combat system. crafting is more complicated and enjoyable than wow. you can actually create different quality of items that you can really use or sell. and you get own apartment that u can decorate, store, and also ppl can come in and buy some of your stuff if its listed. there is similer auction joint called broker in EQ2. its actually not an auction but its the market place that ppl can buy and sell. the world itself is way smaller than wow. im still at the beginning place mb thats y...but the scale of places are small. in wow, if theres a point of interest (like stranglethorn vale?, or some mining place) u expect 100 of enemies are wandering around. but in EQ2, its so small...about 4 or 5 enemies in about 20m radious. i guess because im at the beginning but i havent yet to see any vast desert or woods. i havent tried any instance yet. so i canttell u much about it. for the graphics, EQ2 is way better presentation than wow IMO. except for the small scale of places. graphix setting in EQ2 is very tricky. about 100 sliders to adjust and fine tune. sadly the game is not really well optimized. this games graphix are made for the future computers. somewhat middle to the high settings overall is the max of any highend computer can run. use tons of CPU power than any other games also. to give you some perspective, im running this on x2 4800+ @ 2.75ghz, 2G ram, 7800GTX512, at 1280x960. i get about 25-30 fps average on overall high setting (not maximum settings. GPU minimum requirement of max setting is at least 512mb!!). so i wouldnt recommend to any1 who has low end mahine. if u can run it w/ somewhat high setting, the graphix looks very very good. so ppl like me who got bored at WoW can still enjoy this game. somewhat similer but kind of different atmosphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom