Whats the most popular MMO besides WoW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiDrIoT69

In Runtime
Ive always like MMO's. I fell in love with SWG when it came out, and after quitting and everything, well im back in it. I played WoW, got 60, epics, easy and boring. PvP is weak, no world pvp, no guild wars, no houses to store items.

So right now im back in SWG, the new system is pretty fun compared to what others say.

But what would be the next most popular MMO? I mean i know WoW is probably the most popular, what are the runner ups?

RF Online, yeah i played the beta. I didnt like that style too much, a little bit too linear.

Everquest, is what I would say. Everquest was the first and still the greatest MMO, in my opinion.

Its been, 7 years, and still going strong.

Go buy the titanium pack at a Best Buy or something for $20. It comes with all the expansions except one.

i play trackmania nations.
racing game, not rgp though...

it's not a huge mmo like wow (peaks 10 000-12 000 players) durin' the day time and drops to about 4000 at night for me.
you can hop in servers w/ 100 people racin' or get on a 20.

but, what i love is that it is 100% free.
download, install, select your country and play endless amounts of maps created by people either online or solo
and the graphics and gameplay are simply amazing for being free.

cyrax said:

Well, first of all, i love PvP, but it must have a decent PvE system, and there PvE system in my opinion isnt the greatest. Its a light MMO b/c you cant go into the wilderness and run into other people. Some may like that, but i dont. I like big open mountains or plains, and not be confined as in GW. I dont like instances, only instances i like are in SWG and WoW.

No world PvP, as in, with SWG and WoW, i can run around Overt (SWG) and run into other overts and kill them. In WoW, on PvP servers, you can just kill them if you see them, i like that. Im the kind of guy who likes to pvp at all lvls, but with GW, id rather get all the greatest gear before i go and PvP. There PvP is a bit to confined as well.

Another thing is Economy, it has one of the most simplistic economies of any game. Economy isnt really affected by anything. No inflation, not really anything you need to buy really, once 20, you can just farm ridiculously(sp) easy, griffons and Underworld, and get all the mooty gold and special items you want. In SWG, farming was sooo fun. Fighting things that can kill you a few hits, so you needed some strategy, like fighting Nightsisters as a non-jedi, you'd need to do knockdowns, posture changes, and kite them for a while before they dropped. And in WoW, i love farming in WoW b/c theres world pvp, so i can be farming Runecloth, and an Alliance can come and attack me, i can usually roll them, then proceed to continue.

GW just doesnt feel the same as a natural MMO. Its a light MMO. Doesnt have all the factors that i believe make a great MMO. Sure people say MMO's are addicting, but if you enjoy it, and still can keep a social life, as well as active body, then its all good. Like me for instances, a few years ago, i was the typical EQ player. All summer i sat on my fat *** playing EQ. Then i finished that, then went to SWG, cept i started working out.

Now i work out 4-5 hours a day, leaving me time to play in the morning and after i work out. Im my opinion, if you can keep active, then play all the games you want, do what makes you happy and do what you like. Im personally addicted to working out b/c i use to be 230lbs w/ 30% bf, now im 180lbs with 15% bodyfat.

So i got a little off topic, oh well. In short, GW doesnt add up to the MMO's out there, and doesnt set a standard like SWG and WoW do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom