Whats a good fps with good graphics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found it fun when I played it at my friend's house, bt maybe I've missed out because its the most recent game I've ever played :(

Crysis...wait you played it umm go for something likee....oh cant think of anything

i say crank fear up, or go for maybe rainbow six vega or vegas 2 in a couple weeks, i always liked graw aswell, and i dont find batle field 2/2142 to be good gfx, i didnt even find so when 2 was new, let alone when 2142 came out on the same engine. try games liek fear maxed, graw and rainbow six vegas, if u want good gfx and mediocre game play there is splinter cell double agent, getting a litle dated, and definatly oblivion cranked all the way up. not much else, half life 2 episode 2 looks preaty nice aswell.

Who cares how old Source is? It still looks fantastic by today's standards IMO... and the more features an Engine has doesn't make it more of a visual treat.. sometimes brilliant art directing and level design overcomes a weaker engine.

With HL2, the only thing really setting it back the most is low-poly objects and low-res textures... FakeFactory's Cinematic mod re-textures everything and replaces most of the character models with high-poly, high-res models that are pretty stunning, here's some screenies:

I don't know - the HL2 just has more atmosphere and better art design in general - I just like it better visually than CoD4 or Crysis. BioShock and Gears is just a disgusting amount of clay/plastic, hardly photo-realistic, although 'graphics' are impressive, just doesn't feel right though, iunno

I dunno...the thing about the Source engine is that it always looks so 2D to me. Everything is made of flat surfaces, there's no substance. The character looks great but everything else looks very dull to me. Also if you compare that character to Crysis characters then it's not that great either.

those graphics look good to me, way better than Halo and Soldier Front that I'm used to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom