What are some good games to play for this thanksgiving?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol some of you have forgotten what its like to have a below-low end system. company of heroes on a 9200? your kidding me, right? seriously.

think half life 1 games and mods. call of duty (the first one). neverwinter nights 2 on a 9200 and 512mb? Get out!

i cant suggest any other games because its been so long since i had a 9200. id suggest spending £50 for a nvidia 7300GS. the low end cards that can support half life 2 sorta games go for less than £50 nowadays.

crysis....comes out friday. but. your system will struggle majorly.

so why even suggest it? its like you saying "i got £500 to spend on a car" and me then saying "ferrari... but you probably cant afford it"

those were some lame suggestions, guys. think half life 1, call of duty, but nothing as high a spec as half life 2

Really? Neverwinter Knight's requirements were only:

Minimum System Requirements:
- Windows XP
- 512MB System RAM
- 2 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
- 128MB Direct3D compatible video card with DirectX 9.0c compatible driver
- CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive
- 4.6GB free hard disk space
- DirectX 9.0c (included)
- DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card
- Microsoft .NET 2.0 Framework for toolset (included)
- Broadband connection for multiplayer online play
- Keyboard, Mouse

With Recomended:
Recommended:
- 3 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
- 1GB System Ram
- ATI Radeon X800 series, NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series or higher video card

I figured if I upgrade the ram to 1gb and keep the video card I will eb able to play it at the lowest resolution to the least.

Really? Neverwinter Knight's requirements were only:

Minimum System Requirements:
- Windows XP
- 512MB System RAM
- 2 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
- 128MB Direct3D compatible video card with DirectX 9.0c compatible driver
- CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive
- 4.6GB free hard disk space
- DirectX 9.0c (included)
- DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card
- Microsoft .NET 2.0 Framework for toolset (included)
- Broadband connection for multiplayer online play
- Keyboard, Mouse

With Recomended:
Recommended:
- 3 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
- 1GB System Ram
- ATI Radeon X800 series, NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series or higher video card

I figured if I upgrade the ram to 1gb and keep the video card I will eb able to play it at the lowest resolution to the least.

it was still being used as a benchmark, and among other games getting tested on newish cards, got fairly low. its in the COD2/Oblivion generation of gaming.

it should be able to play world of warcraft though. why not download the free trial and play it with your bro? should be fun questing together, as long as you play at the same rate.

Look, I may be new to the forums but im DEFINITELY not new to this scene.

It seems you like WC3. You have low - end machines (which isn't a problem there are plenty of good games you can run). 2 player games...

Okay here are my suggestions:

Command and conquer Generals & Zero Hour - its a fun strategy game like wc3 but a little more modern era. A lot of fun if you give it a chance.

Age of Mythology - another strategy game. One of my alltime favorites actually. it's a little longer of a setup for a single battle but it's a lot of fun

Lord of the Rings Battle For Middle Earth 1: (god thats a long title) Strategy as well. Takes place in the LotR realm. very fun game. i THINK your machines can handle it. not too sure tho.

If you can get your hands on them.... Heroes of Might and Magic 3 & 4: Turn based- strategy game. Long game play. Great replayability. Quite possibly my favorite series of all time. Try it out if you can

If you want a few more titles just ask. I can give ya plenty. if you really want. pm me and give me a list of different games you like and what KIND of games you like.

Hey thanks!

I was looking more into the RPG area of some sort but alternative RTS games? Thats great!

I am going to do my research on Gamespot right now.

Other games I love is Diablo 2. The only downside is that its highly addictive. I'm looking more into the casual side of gaming. You know something that I could say to myself "oh man remember in thanks giving we played for a whole week straight, that game was pretty hard but it was rewardign playing it!".

sorry it took me so long to reply. was away for the weekend with no internet.... i almost killed myself.

neways. you said RPG. hmmmm those are a little more complicated for PC. much less to choose from. but i can still work with it.

It's not two player but you could try Fable: The Lost Chapters. its extremely fun and its not too long. a good 10 hours or so of gameplay with replayability.

****.... see.... the hardest thing to work with RPG is the 2 - player aspect. I can only think of a couple good ones. i have played just about any game for pc. Send me a PM of the games your looking at. i'll tell you if they're any good.

anyways....
if you want to step away from the RTS .... if you like racing at all check out Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 1 & 2.... extremely addicting in my oppinion. and i don't eve like racing games that much hahaha.

Also, check out Gunbound: Revolution. You can download it online. Its a different kind of game. Hard to explain. but it's fun as ****.

Check some of them out and let me know.

~EDIT~
I almost forgot this. I'm not too sure if you can run it but try Neverwinter nights 1. along with that, that there is also Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale series, but im not sure if they are 2 player.

Lord of the Rings Battle For Middle Earth 1: (god thats a long title) Strategy as well. Takes place in the LotR realm. very fun game. i THINK your machines can handle it. not too sure tho.

You can definitley handle that game with both system's specs, I know because I have played it on a comp with 256megs RAM, 1.6 GHz P4, and Radeon 9200.

I highly suggest Red Alert 2. Good luck finding it anywhere, but it is one of the most fun games I've ever played.

Civilization 3 is another very very good game, if you wanna play together then I suggest getting the Civ 3: Conquests expansion in which multiplayer actually works. DO NOT get the Play the World expansion.

Call of Duty 1 is a great game, in fact I think it won something like 40 Game of the Year awards.

If you are into MMOs, but don't want to pay a monthly fee, consider buying Guild Wars or Guild Wars: Factions.

Age of Empires 3 is a great game too, but that Radeon 9200 might struggle...

Aye I can't run nwn2 and I've got the same system specs as the lower one ATM. cept 1 gig ram.

big 10/4 on command and conquer games.

Total annihilation was great too. I still play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom