What should I do???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilson77

Banned
Here is my problem.

I used to play Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas a few months ago but I had to stop because my PC was having problems.

The problem is, my PC has NO files for San Andreas, though its installed on the computer. I cant uninstall it, and theres no files for it so I cant run it.

What do I do so that I can finally be able to play again?

Thanks

So you went to your add/remove programs bit in the control pannel and confirmed it was not on there?

Did you put in the disc and tried to uninstall/reinstall/repair install from there?

I went into add/remove programs, it was there, but when I tried uninstall, gave error.

Then I tried putting it in and tried that way, couldnt do it that way either.

Thats the thing, Its not in the disk drive. I do not have that folder. Its not there, completly gone, but yet I still have the ability to put in the CD and try to play it, but it doesnt do it.

You do not have the game files. You have to reinstall. Games store info in the My Documents>MyGames folder. If GTA has a folder there that might be what is convincing the system that the game is installed.

Are you saying the game won't install from auto run? You usually can right-click and explore the contents of the CD/dvd and an application to start the install should be there.

See in "My Games"

I have Halo and Halo CE

But no San Andreas.

Likewise if I went to, C drive, and then program files where it should be. Nothing there either. Its all disappeared, yet its still saying its on my computer so when I put the game in, it says run or uninstall, yet neither work.

Have you tried looking for a folder in application data. Some games store data there. I don't know about gta. Also, I'm assuming it is gone, but check C>programs files>rockstar>gta

Druid, you obviously didnt read my last post. Yeah, the wohle "Rockstar" folder, isnt even there, and thats wher eI always save it to and I never move it. So its like gone.

As I said before. Put the disk in the drive and manually explore the disk and find the application to start the install.

This is not uncommon, your situation, basically all that needs to be done is someone to highlight the folder and delete it. This will leave the PC thinking the game is installed, but the files will be gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom