What is responsible for choppy graphics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahlerfan

Solid State Member
Hi - I just installed MVP Baseball 2004, and it looks great but the
graphics are a little choppy (dropping frames?), especially when the
ball is in play. Is this due to my video card (I just upgraded to a
128MB nvidia Geforce FX 5700LE) or my CPU (AMD Athlon XP 2400+)?
Thanks!

geez man thats weird. i mean sounds like you have more than a decent enough system. you try turning off as many apps as you can before you play the game, so there arent so many of them working in the background?

I'm pretty sure I am, but I'll check to be sure. I was thinking my system was good enough too, so I was surprised when I started to see that happening.

Hmm the RAM is a little on the slow side, i dont know anything about this game but i would say since its an 04 game that it has good GFX which also rely alot on system mem for performance in games.

Do you mean that the amount of RAM is too small? Or that I would be better off with a different kind of RAM? (you mention PC2700, whereas I have PC2100)

ram can make a big difference, and the games that come out today are just killer on resources. just when you think you have a great enough system you find out its crap.

back in the day when i played NHL 98 or 99 i saw a big difference going from 128megs to 768. no choppy ness at all, well i also had a decent card 2 but i mean just the ram changed it all for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom