• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
003 said:
My monitor does 1600x1200 @ 85Hz, 1280x1024 @ 100Hz and 1024x768 @ 120Hz. :) Flicker and tear free. BTW, with LCDs there is no measure of Hz.

Really? :p

So LCD's really do not flicker? Or what?

nah, LCDs are measured with their response time in milliseconds opposed to Hz

Theres still the hz options when you go to desktop>properties>monitor>advanced or where ever it is, but it's not technically the same as a CRT.

as far as that flickering goes that you see when a video camera is recording it, I don't know honestly

1024x768 is the max on my 15" LCD. Tomorrow i'm getting a 19" LCD, 1280x1024 watch out, here i come!!

Gigabite said:
Really? :p

So LCD's really do not flicker? Or what?

vaderpro said:
LCDS dont refresh like CRTs do. Today's LCD monitors typically have a refresh rate of 55-75 Hz, which is plenty fast enough for games. But comparing refresh rates between CRTs and LCDs is like comparing apples to oranges. CRTs are refreshed to re-illuminate a phosphor on the screen; they usually require a 70 Hz or higher refresh rate in order to appear truly flicker-free. LCDs are flicker-free by design, and are refreshed simply to show updates, such as "motion" in movies or games.

Probably the main cause of a "blurry" LCD is that it is simply set to the wrong resolution. Unlike CRTs, LCDs are designed to operate at a single, optimal resolution and refresh rate (e.g. 1280x1024 pixels and 60 Hz). If set to anything else, the display will be noticeably poorer.

Mine runs at 60Hz and there are no issues whatsoever playing games like HL2, DOOM3 and BF2. Oh it is wise to use v-sync but this is, I believe, more a video card isssue....cheers.

Hope that sells ya!

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?threadid=75624&highlight=lcd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom