what makes "(insert favorite game here)" you favorite game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrZucchiniHead

Daemon Poster
whats makes a gaem your favorite game? is it the story? the gameplay? the characters? etc, etc

my favorite game would have to be HL2 because of a few things, the gameplay is great (and so is pretty much anything else on the source engine) with the gavity gun, and all the perfect physics it makes it fun. i think the characters are very well done with the realism of the facial features and the writing along with the voice overs are great, even though gordon freeman never talks. the levels are great with alot of different ways to get around the level, like in the level where you have to use the gravity gun it make pathways to keep the antlions in the ground, and there's a bnch of physics puzzles in pretty much every level. i could go on and on why this is my favorite game, but i have to get off.

well, tell us what your favorite game is and why you like it so much.

Honestly, I would say Diablo 2 ...before it got commercialized and started getting rampant with bots and hackers.

It started when I played the demo for Diablo 1 and bought that ...I was much younger and it honestly spooked me out. I had never been spooked out by a video game so that feeling drew me into it.

Then, it became a haven for hackers. So I started reading up and found out Diablo 2 was in production and pre-ordered it at CompUSA. Unfortunately, the release was delayed for like 6 months while I waited and waited.

It came out and I picked it up from the store ...brought it home and played for hours. It had been completely restructered with atleast 100x more items and 3 more levels. Of course, it too became a target for hackers and scammers eventually. It was also hard to make buddies in the game because you don't really know who to trust. But when you did, it was so much more fun being able to use skills and spells as a strategy.

This is the only PC game I have ever been excited about. Other than that, I am a racing simulation fan and I am now caught up in Simbin's GTR2. I have played NF2 II & III but stopped there after it got ghetto with NFS: "Rice-Racing" But, I am still rocking a 2-year old college standard Dell desktop so my options are pretty limited in terms of broadening my spectrum.

I do, though, miss that feeling of excitement when Diablo II was brand new.

I would have to also say HL2 because the storyline is amazing. you feel like you are actually fighting for something when you play. that and gameplay make a game worht playing.

mine would prolly have to be legand of Zelda. a link to the past. The super nintendo was my first system and this was one of my first games to play. ( other than mario bros of course). i just really remember playing this all the time when i was younger and how much fun it was. i loved being the hero and using a sword and a bow. man they dont make games like they used too.

My favorite game would be Metal Gear Solid. I chose it because the story is exciting, it revolves around the secrets of the United States of America, in which you will wanna know. In MGS (PS1), in the ending part, you will know that the person who is responsible for the terrorist act is the president, can you believe that?! In MGS2 (PS2, PC) you will encounter that "president" and to know only that someone is in charge of the country, not the president himself! The twist of the story not only "twists" you, but makes you say, "WOW"! That's just MGS2, what about MGS3? Well, well, well, I'll play it if I were you, because I want to know what will be the outcome of Solid Snake's adventure on the two or three presequels.

I would say Diablo 2, mainly because of HOW **** addicting the game is. You would play it for like 50-60+hrs and be think that you're finally done with it. But 1-3yrs laters you're playing it again for another 50hrs. It just keeps sucking you in for more. And blizzard keeps it updated as well.

Total War: Rome, mostly because of the tactical
battles...there just doesn't seem to be anything else like it...so extra points for uniqueness, and the fact that it keeps pulling me back in.

I have to give the nod to Starcraft. For me, it's just one of those games that cannot be topped. There are plenty of other great RTS titles, but I've yet to play anything that could compete with Starcraft. Starcraft just has immaculate gameplay that seems to never get old. Even after all these years, I still play the game a ton, be it against random people on Battle.net or with my friends. With that kind of lasting power, you know the gameplay has to be good.

World Of Warcraft - It's not the game, but the people i play with that make it worthwhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom