What has been the Buggiest Game that you have purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
It seem to be a rather common site now days. You buy the game on release day, and all ready they seem to have a patch that you need download in order to fix things.

For me,
FALL OUT TATICS (stategy)
1 week before the release date, and there was a 100Mb patch to download as the game would not install correctly.
Sadly there was a lot of other stuff that was not finished in that game. There was a 2 more patches produced before Interplay pulled the plug.

sIn (FPS)
4th Level was extremely buggy. Provided that the level would load, the level boss will appear. Beat you around. And then he was suppose to run into a wall, giving you a path to follow.
The level boss did run though the wall.... literally. The problem was he left on hole for you to follow.
4Mb patch fix that one, however that game came out shortly after the internet start be common. You were lucky to have 56K, let alone the internet back then.

STAR WAR GALAXIES (MMORPG)
They are still trying to fix it. :rolleyes:

What has been the buggies game that you have playied?

well i dont play many games...but id have to say diablo was a pretty buggy game. anyone with half a brain could dupe or steal stuff on bnet. look at how many patches have had to come out just from people finding bugs...even though there are other uses for the patches.

HL2? 12 months after the game's release and there are many quite serious issues still to be adressed (primarily video and/or audio stuttering).

Harper said:
It seem to be a rather common site now days. You buy the game on release day, and all ready they seem to have a patch that you need download in order to fix things.

It's always going to be the way... because of the countless configurations of PC environments out there - different hardware, drivers, OS etc. You could say that this is what BETAs are for, but by the time the final realease is compiled the existing code will probably have changed radically anyway...

Star wars galaxies was buggy when i got it on its release date, and it's still buggy today. I don't play anymore but i have siblings that do

For what I actually bought, Brothers in Arms
agreed.....hate that damn game, and I see they have an expansion pack for it as well....BAH to that.

hmm besides brothers in arms, I can't think of a game that comes to mind that was ridiculously buggy.

Hitman 2 was somewhat

Stronghold: Crusader

buggy as hell, but still a great castle builder, to bad stronghold 2 sucked so much ehhh

believe it or not my dad used to play video games, and he bought the original wolf 3d on one floppy disk [its not buggy just doesnt run on many new computers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom