what game to get with $ ~45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Static_11

Fully Optimized
A modern FPS would be nice... not a WW2 game or something... but i dont know alot about games so maybe like a futuristic or modern cool fps :) what is farcry and fear like?...

need to know by tonight...

EDIT: i dont play online so single player is also there...

Farcry is great, however i would recommend COD2. I don't usually like war games but this is one of the best Ive played. Also HL2 if you dont already have it

With $45 you could pick up Farcry and Doom 3

Personally I agree with weringo's suggestion of Call Of Duty 2 though.

Far Cry or Half Life 2 if you dont already own those. And I know its not really an FPS, but Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory is cool

I would buy FEAR if I was in your position (and had a decent computer to run it). The first game I bought for my PC after I built it was FarCry. I was pretty disappointed, to say the least. It's just not really my type of FPS I guess. Playing on normal dificulty there was one part that was so hard I couldn't even beat it without using godmode, at which point I became disinterested because cheating is no fun (just in case you know the game, I remember having to climb a ladder up from the inside of a ship, to the deck, at which point a helicopter begins attacking you at the same time as like 4-5 guys, and you have zero cover except retreating back into the ship, which is ineffective...then if you survive that, you get to walk across the deck a few more feet before another army of like ten guys greets you :(...maybe i was just missing something). It really wasn't that bad other than that, but certainly nothing as special as all the pro reviewers claim. I think you'll find that a lot more average people didn't rate it as hot as the pros, which tends to be a better indicator, for me anyway.

Doom III looks like a good buy, especially for what? $15-20? I'd also agree that COD2 is pretty good/fun. But like you said, you aren't looking for a WWII shooter, which is the exact same reason I'll be buying FEAR over COD2. Half-Life 2 is a decent single player FPS, too. I'm about 70% done with it, but I mainly bought it so that I could play CS:S.

grego said:
(just in case you know the game, I remember having to climb a ladder up from the inside of a ship, to the deck, at which point a helicopter begins attacking you at the same time as like 4-5 guys, and you have zero cover except retreating back into the ship, which is ineffective...then if you survive that, you get to walk across the deck a few more feet before another army of like ten guys greets you :(...maybe i was just missing something).

Easy way out: Climb the ladder then jump straight off the side of the ship into the water. Head along the ship until you see a lifeboat above you on chains. Get onto land aim and shoot the chains to make the boat fall into the water. Get into the boat. You might still have to take out the gunner on the helicopter to make it leave you alone, but I can't remember.

fear it is.. i have HL2 but slow ass internet so thats outta the question (3 hours updates...) and i said no wwII fps's... and doom 3's ending is supposed to suck and i want a more modern scary freaky creepy game ;) fear it is :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom