what do u think is the best first person shooter game ever to this date

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is kind of a tough question. There are so many good FPS's.
It takes a lot more then just shooting guns to make an FPS good.

I would say currently top 5 PC FPS's would be:
Battlefield 2
Half-Life 2
Doom 3
Far Cry
Unreal Tournament

Not in any order.

Soon in October (F.E.A.R) is available. Which if you've played the DEMO, should have no problem joining this list.

Here are my favorite shooters to date...and I don't mean the ones with the best graphics...i mean the ones that were the most fun to play.

1. Half Life 2
2. Return to Castle Wolfenstein
3. Doom 3

It will be interesting to see how FEAR turns out...from the demo it looks like its just a tech demo pretty much showing off an engine...but the full game may be better.

HAVOC2k5 said:
This is kind of a tough question. There are so many good FPS's.
It takes a lot more then just shooting guns to make an FPS good.

I would say currently top 5 PC FPS's would be:
Battlefield 2
Half-Life 2
Doom 3
Far Cry
Unreal Tournament

Not in any order.

Soon in October (F.E.A.R) is available. Which if you've played the DEMO, should have no problem joining this list.

i never played Battlefield 2 and Unreal Tournament 2004, i have Unreal Tournament 2003 it sucks, and for Half-Life 2, Doom 3 and farcry they really have a super graphics but these games don't have a good story, and for fear i didn't download it because the file is too big it will take me alot of time
anyone hear know any information about Brothers in Arms: arned in Blood or Serious Sam II, i don't have them, anyone here thinks that they are good game

this is the demo for serious sam 2
http://videogames.yahoo.com/predownload?eid=397473

For me...in no paticular order

Ghost Recon
Rainbow Six series
Half Life/Half Life 2
Battlefield games
Jedi Knight games

beedubaya said:

2. Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Ahhh... a fellow RTCW fan :) I loved the SP campaign.

Here's some of my favourites:-

Doom series
Quake series
Half-Life & Half Life 2
Battlefield 2
Painkiller
Hidden & Dangerous & H&D2
Far Cry
Call of Duty
Medal Of Honor series
Goldeneye 64

... the list goes on. Couldn't pick just one though.

beedubaya said:
It will be interesting to see how FEAR turns out...from the demo it looks like its just a tech demo pretty much showing off an engine...but the full game may be better.

LOL - Yeah the F.E.A.R demo was just a TECH demo... I read that in a gaming magazine. They didn't want to give up any part of the story, so they cooked up a DEMO so people could check out what they've done and more importantly see if it will run on their systems.

I personally love the sparks and stuff that fly off of everything. And the (AI) is pretty good too. Those suckers are fairly smart.

One thing I don't like about that DEMO is it has absolutely no re-play value. Now, I know it's just a DEMO, but geez it's hard for me to get excited about a FULL retail game when the DEMO just made me go, "ohhh.. ahhhh... wowww". I'd be more excited if the DEMO made me say, "Holy Crap this game looks amazing and is freakin' fun!"

Oh, this is easy! The best FPS's in history have got to be Half-Life 1/2 and Unreal Tournament (the first one), hands down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom